Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
phbal
My Device: Z10

Z10 POP Email Account Constantly Disconnecting

I have four email accounts linked to my Z10.  For some reason, every so often two of the accounts become disconnected (not necessarily at the same time) and a screen pops up asking for me to verify my password for the account.  Once I verify the password...the account is again connected and I can send and receive emails from my device.  In the interim though, until that screen pops up and I see it...I do not receive emails to my device for the affected account(s).  I never had this issue on my older Blackberry.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happens?

New Contributor
bb49
My Device: torch 9800

Re: Z10 POP Email Account Constantly Disconnecting

same thing - just spent 30 minutes wiht phone support and was told that's how POP email works!!!!  after I calmed down and explained that these same two email accounts worked on my BB Torch without ever ONCE having to reenter the password - the agent admitted that "they" were working on it. 

So after 5 days with this device it's going back to the store tomorrow - fortunately I have a 14 day return guarantee - but probably won't get the activation fees refunded...

Reasons for return:

two -way synch with USB for calendar and contacts not supported...  I had to set up a hotmail account and copy my contacts and calendar entries there and then sync to that account - from both outlook and the phone.  Several hours of experimenting and moving stuff around and it sort of works.  Can't easily do things like cancel an accepted meeting from the phone; reminders don't show up on the phone; simple stuff that EVERY BUSINESS PERSON COUNTS ON EVERY DAY... 

This issue with email passwords is the straw that broke the back.  I don't really want to turn my Torch back on due to the poor performance of Blackberry on this new release - so guess I'll look hard at the Samsung Galaxy 4 - I searched their support files and can't find similar complaints.

Contributor
11smo

mine does the same sometimes up to 40 times a day so frustrating aparently the next update will fix this problem or so i am told by blackberry unfortunatly not for anyone on AT&T that one's still in the making grrrrrrrr

New Contributor
pauld500
My Device: Bold 9700

I had this problem on my Q10 with my own domain based email POP account.

I fixed it by disabling WiFi and resetting the login details over my mobile network (Vodafone).

Its now been good for over a week on mobile data or WiFi.

Hope this helps somone.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I stopped using POP and IMAP and went with Exchange Active Sync with outlook.com and have outlook.com get my pop messages, then I have the folder of my other email sync in HUB

Now on every reply, people get my new email address and I dont miss any from my old account either

now emails come fast and no more password entering and works fine on wifi and carrier signal

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
11smo

Hey Pauld500 thanks for the info i tried what you did and hey presto my Z10 now sends emails when not connected to wifi and no more asking for passwords since the 10.2 update so my phone is great

:Clap:

New Contributor
pauld500
My Device: Bold 9700

Great news and thanks for the feedback which will prob go towards helping others. All the best
Contributor
11smo

[ Edited ]

:Oops:  made a mistake in my last post i should have typed 10.1 update  not the 10.2  update that seems to be available but seems to be a bit unstable