Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Z10 Phone Ring Going Silent Until Battery Pull, and Sometimes Loosing Its Knowing Its ID Information

It has the carriers logo on the start up screen.

Wilful blindness of rusted on balckberry fans (like you) to the fundamental fact that an alleged mobiel phone company shipped its life boat product without a reliable ring tone will be the death of blackberry.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Z10 Phone Ring Going Silent Until Battery Pull, and Sometimes Loosing Its Knowing Its ID Information

Although I was not happy with the issue myself, it is a new platform and glitches do happen.  The good news? it was quickly resolved.  Was the phone tested prior? more than likely.  But considering the phone the unit ships with a wired headset, they more than likely checked if the headsets work - which they do. Whether the alerts and notifications work - which they do. Checked if bluetooth devices and pairing work - which they do.  Now specifically testing to see if the alerts would just shut down when a bluetooth device was connected .. hmmm I can see how that may have fallen through the cracks with a glitch. Once again it has been RESOLVED and I for one am looking forward to other issues and areas of improvement!

New Contributor

My issue had nothing to do with connecting to bluetooth.

Mine happened after a couple of hours of normal use.

Im hagingin in with Blackberry because I am sick of apple's global domination and android seem like gimmicky toys.

I had to load a leaked OS to get the thing to work, however, and, although an update has now been pushed to me its way behind the version of the OS that I found leaked.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the issue hasn't been resolved.  I suspect mine wasn't related to Bluetooth as it happened randomly.  Despite that, I do like the Z10.  It will take a while to work out the kinks.  

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

What was the version of the leaked OS if you dont mind me asking?

New Contributor

Regular Contributor
My Device: Os7.1

Backberry World formerly known as App World.  I also noticed this issue sometimes happening after updates have been installed.  
New Contributor

I got it from blackberryos.com