Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Z10 Pin Lock!!

Hi All

I have the same problem today morning in Ukraine. So, looks like problem is not depends on location or carrier.

Did anyone tries to contact BB support by phone ?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

We have problems in Spain, Ukraine, Sweden and Belgium. Same time, all sim-free devices.

I'm gonna send another email to support@blackberry.com

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

If I were you, the first thing I would do is run your imei number on one of those sites that can tell if your phone is blocked because it's reported stolen. (see the similar thread here)

If it's "clean", then I would try another sim (if unlocked). If it is still blocked, then I would, first, ask you carrier for advice and then have them try to connect you to BBerry.

If the phone is blocked on all carriers -- for whatever reason -- you are going to have to either contact the place that sold you the phone or prove to your carrier that the phone should not have been blocked. HOWEVER, I have seen reports of a bad sim also causing this -- thus another reason for trying another sim.
Regular Contributor

I've tried my wife's sim (another carrier) and doesn't work either.

The problem is that i don't reach the "insert PIN screen". It looks like the block is independent of the sim/carrier

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Just had a call with BB tech support in Canada

http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/existing-customers.html 

As I undertood, common BB practice is to redirect request to mobile network service provider or to retailer. I have no any results.

May be someone else wants to rty ?

Regular Contributor

Wrong way, Blackberry. They avoid helping clients. My carrier has nothing to do with this. Mi cellphone es legal, is not reported as an stolen device, so i have nothing to discuss with my carrier, i want a solution from BB.

Regular Contributor

I've tried to call. I couldn't talk with a human! You need to have a carries code or something like that...
Forums Advisor II

rvillanu, assuming the t-mo site is up to date and is correct, then this does sound like it could be a carrier error. If your carrier (or another) can verify it is not blocked, then they really should "clear" it for you. I'm not sure what BBerry can do as they don't block phones, carriers do. Again, if you have a sim on another carrier available, you should try it. Is anyone with this problem getting an "MM#6" error? Thanks
Regular Contributor

But i have a question.
I can receive calls. It's the only thing i can do, but i can receive calls and speak to someone without any problema.
If the cellphone had been blocked by the carrier... don't you think i couldn't receive calls?
On the other side, the message i see on the screen is PIN Locked, not IMEI Locked.

I'm not an expert, but it seems that the block comes from BB, not from a carrier..

Thanks again and sorry for my anxiety. I really need my pone back!
Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

Good point, rivanu. If this was a new phone when you bought it, and this is the first carrier you've used it on, from what I have read, the carrier has locked the pin. However, BBerry -- maybe-- can unlock it. Also, it can take up to two months or more for those imei databases to get up to date.  You need to start with your carrier first.  Was this phone a new purchase? 

Read this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/device-pin-blocked-after-10-1-update-807176/