Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
rvillanu
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Z10 Pin Lock!!

Yes, i bought it new. In fact, i have been using it for 2 weeks without any problem and this morning i found it locked.
I'll try calling my carrier again, but they told me they have nothing to do with that...
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

OK, if your carrier is sincere (and not just mistaken) then another sim (with another carrier) would prove them right or wrong. If it's locked under all carriers then you have a serious issue.

Your carrier, however, should be able to help you if you can prove you bought it new. If it was purchased new, and you have the receipt, two things: 1) contact the company who sold you the phone and tell them the phone is locked and they have to replace it. OR 2): get your carrier to upgrade your problem to BlackBerry. (Don't know why this seems to be difficult for you guys, here it's very easy). Did you read through the thread I linked to? IF the phone is locked on all carriers than someone probably reported it lost or stolen.
Regular Contributor
rvillanu

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Don't you think it is too many people with a stolen Z10?? Here we are 4 in just one day, ando more people in the thread you sent me....

I insist on my theory that is a question of BB...
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

I'm not saying you phone is stolen. I'm suggesting perhaps your carrier thinks it is for... whatever reason. It's also possible, because thousands of cell phone are lost and stolen every year, that your imei could have been entered by mistake. Actually, if everyone with this issue were on the same carrier I'd say that would be too crazy for a coincidence. Again, first thing I'd do if I were in your shoes, is try another sim, if your phone is unlocked. BTW, as I think I mentioned in the other thread, there are reports of BAD SIM CARDS causing the MM#6 error, which is also a blocked phone error. More reason to just give another sim a try. Sorry, rvillanu, if I think of anything else will get back to you.

Regular Contributor
rvillanu

Thanks a lot. I've tried my wife's sim (different carrier) and it doesn't work either. But as i mentioned before, i don't even have the chance to insert her pin, the device appears blocked as soon as i switch it on.

I'll try to contact my carrier again. The problem is that (at least from Spain where i live) BB doesn't provide a support phone number. So i cannot reach BB to discuss this with them.

Thank you anyway

New Contributor
SergeyDz
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi Guys

This morning I continue investigation of the issue with PIN Number fault.

Is good start to verify IMEI and PIN in a) BB; b) Service Provider.

In my case B is pre-paid sim card, and support don't care about my BB problems. They even have no BIS/BES and do not know if Ukraine have regional BlackBerry support.

To check BB I proceed following link: https://proximus.blackberry.com/ (proximus - is Belgium operator where phone was bought). This service knows my phone, but do not want to support BB 10. See message below:

Email can only be set up from this web page for BlackBerry devices running BlackBerry OS version 7.1 or earlier. The PIN and IMEI numbers that you have typed belong to a device running BlackBerry 10 OS software. Your email accounts can be easily set up directly on your BlackBerry 10 device by pulling down from the top of the screen, tapping Settings > Accounts > Add Account. For more information, visit www.blackberry.com/blackberry10setup.

Should be some other way to track phone status in BB entrerprise suite, Have anyone some suggestions ?

Forums Advisor II
scrannel

Hey rvillanu,

If swapping sims didn't change anything (and that was a long shot), I really recommend you keep trying to get hold of the company/person who sold you the phone in the first place.  That's because there is another possible reason your phone is "blocked" (and BTW yes, you can still get and receive calls, just no data): if someone had registered the phone (PIN) with Blackberry before you got it, the phone will show up as being already registered to another user. 

In either case your seller owes you a working phone.  At the same time I would try to contract BBerry.  If the carriers where you live are not helpful and will not escalate to BBerry support, then you are going to have to get to them yourself. 

Regular Contributor
rvillanu

Thank you scrannel. I still dont understand what is going on. The cellphone is supposed to be brand new. I have never had a problem like this.
I'll try to contact my seller and my carrier tomorrow.

Thanks again
Developer
papabob500
My Device: Playbook 2.0

Hi, add another Z10 from Spain to the list :smileysad:No phone since friday night, my provider doesn't know anything about a lock and the blackberry support email only replies the same scripted message...

Anyway, just to provide more info to the thread, my Z10 is a Limited Edition for developers so there is no previous owner (I don't think it was stolen from a Blackberry warehouse, then returned and then sent to me :smileywink:

Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

Just came across this interesting thread. Not sure if it's helpful. But the last post perhaps hits on something. (I would try checking the time issue first). 

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-z10-series-discussion-blackberry-10/263767-z10-stuck-verifyi...