Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
papabob500
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Pin Lock!!

As rvillanu said we can't contact with our "BlackBerry representative within the company" because there is no one, and even my provider told me that they don't work with them. Outside US the Z10 is "just another smartphone" and you are on your own.

Regarding who is to blame I have little doubt there is a glitch in the blackberry database because the odds of 5/6 phones from different companies and different countries became locked the same night are small. I know my phone wasn't stolen (as I said it is a developer edition shipped directly from blackberry) and my provider told me they didn't have any record in my account regarding this. But it seems I can't talk directly with anyone in blackberry without pay to get an "incident" so...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

rivillanu said:

"scrannel, believe me when i say that unfortunately for us, things work very differently in Spain than in USA....

Besides that, we have great weather and excelent gastronomy, but things are not done as they should be done, and some procedures are frustrating..."

Ah, yes, I love Spain -- and was hoping we'd all get to the bottom of this so we could crack the vino.  But... it seems like the only recourse you have is going back to the person who sold you the phone.  Not because they're a crook,, but in the end, they have to warranty the phone. 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rvillanu
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Jazztel Spain

scrannel, you are welcome to Spain whenever you want to visit us :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

Thanks man! Much obliged.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rvillanu

Yesterday i received an answer from @BlackberryHelp through Twitter. They sent me a direct message where they asked about my PIN number to investigate. I sent them the PIN number and this is the answer i received 5 minutes ago:

"Due to the complexity of your issue, please contact your carrier or network provider for live investigation. Reach out to us anytime"

WTF!!!! Why don't they tell my why the device is blocked????? I returned my Z10 and i don't care about this anymore, but BB curtomer care SUCKS!!!!

I'm sorry, but this attitude pisses me off. Definetely i think i won't get back to BB....

Thanks again to scrannel and everyone helping over here.

Please use plain text.
Developer
papabob500
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yep, same here. I even sent them a link to this thread and the response was a link to a page that says "The BlackBerry smartphone has been blocked by the BlackBerry Infrastructure. Please contact the service provider for further assistance." Hilarious...

As I said, I don't "need" this particular smartphone so I'm willing to continue escalating the issue (although I don't really know to whom). But yeah, this shouldn't be at the point where I only want to know how much time they take to fix it.

I only hope I don't get bored and abandon the platform for good.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

If you don't get bored, I promise we won't.  Keep us in the loop. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

rvillanu. They think it was reported stolen. And, they think your carrier has to deal with it. What did the place you bought it from say? Did they give you any explanation?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rvillanu

They said they would investigate, but i don't think they sold me an stolen device.... I bought it sealed...

This is quite funny..

Thanks again scrannel
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SergeyDz
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Life Ukraine

Hi Guys 

Just received feedback from BB (btsbetasupport@rim.com):

This is now resolved. You will need to reset the device (pull the battery).

Can anyone check now ?

Please use plain text.