Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: Playbook 2.0
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Z10 Pin Lock!!

Nope, I had the stock version. I'm pretty sure I've installed that version and many others since the weekend, but that was after the blocking.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

FWIW, if your phone is pin (or imei) blocked usually you can still use the phone to make calls. But, the truth is, if your phone is blocked you need to contact the person you bought the phone from. There's a reason it's blocked. Those who have either got a new phone, a refund or... found out they were scammed.

Read this thread, especially the last page. 

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/z10-imei-pin-locked-830598/#post8881594

Developer
My Device: Bold 9780, DevAlpha
My Carrier: Vodafone CZ

@scrannel, please read the post: #17

Man with LE edition have the same problem.

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AlexXF wrote:

@scrannel, please read the post: #17

Man with LE edition have the same problem.

...and that poster on CB has no idea what he's speaking of. BlackBerry has NEVER offered email support and because he gets back an automated email and no one has answered his twitter inquiry AFTER it has been answered once, he believes all support personal have been fired? lol no.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

Hey, that was me Smiley Happy

But you are right, I have no idea how the things go inside Blackberry. Maybe the members of the support staff are all fired, or maybe it never existed at all. All I know is that right now I have a brick made with their brand new phone sitting in my desk and I can't get an answer from Blackberry. An automatic mail response, or a twitter "help" account that refuses any follow-up and blindly says "Contact with your provider", is not a support team. I don't know in how many different ways I can reply that my provider didn't blocked me and that they don't have any relation with Blackberry to make that request, and still receive the same "Contact with your provider" mantra. But heck, it's summer and I want to discover that number.

Maybe it's all my fault. Maybe I should return the phone and buy a Nokia like the guy who started this thread, but I refuse to believe that a big company like Blackberry lacks that fundamental customer support.

Forums Advisor II

Honestly, you're barking up the wrong tree. The first person you need to contact is the guy who sold you the phone. Especially if it's brand new. If the phone is blocked he owes you another phone. And neither a carrier nor a manufacturer is going to unblock a phone if it's listed as lost or stolen. If you bought the phone through your carrier they have to deal with it; if you didn't they can blow you off. Call the guy who sold you the phone and demand a new phone or refund.
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

papabob500 wrote:

Maybe the members of the support staff are all fired, or maybe it never existed at all.

Wrong again. Repeating a lie or fantasy does not make it true.

If you read above, like I said, they've never provided email support.

And if you simply told the @BlackBerryHelp twitter account that your Z10 was dead, their response to call your mobile is correct. They don't know you have a LE.

So, you have a LE device? Contact your developer support from which you GOT the device.

Obviously you know you would contact the developer support who gave you the device.

And, if you didn't get the device from BlackBerry, and bought it third party or whatever, you're stuck.

Why are you being so difficult? You want help, but ALL you have done in this thread is whine about support in this thread, and IF you got the device from BlackBerry direct, you KNOW where to get support.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Jazztel Spain

I got exhausted of fighting. If I pay 500 EUR for a device, I want a fantastic post sale attention in return. If not, I would buy a 100 EUR Android based device made and designed in China.
I'm still annoyed about this issue. Maybe this kind of things explain the market share of BB. I've had some Apple devices and everything is completely different...
I'm sure there are many people at BB who work really hard and I wish them all the best, but after suffering this issues, I don't trust BB anymore
Forums Advisor II

In the US Apple takes a % of carriers subscription sales on top of the phone sales. So here, in effect, all iPhone owners who buy through carriers, are "paying" for that service anyway. But to be honest, Apple's not going to unlock a phone that's been locked due to a claim of theft or loss either. In the end you will have to talk to the person who sold you the phone. And, since yoiu did, curious -- what did he say?
Developer

And if you simply told the @BlackBerryHelp twitter account that your Z10 was dead, their response to call your mobile is correct. They don't know you have a LE.

So, you have a LE device? Contact your developer support from which you GOT the device.

I don't "simply" told the twitter account my phone doesn't work. I've said them many many times everything I've said in this thread and they gave me two responses: "Contact your provider" and "This article will address the error message you are receiving: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33469". Guess what? It didn't work. And I told them. And the next day they sent the same suggestions. It's like speaking to a wall.

And the developer support that gave me the phone? nice try, but the mail account no longer exists. Whatever I sent them is answered with a pretty email saying that RIM is now Blackberry and they are excited with the change, and this the new url, and that is the new whatever.

What I don't understand is your fixation that Blackberry can do no wrong, that all of this is somehow our fault. We are either buying stolen phones, or ignoring what the "support team" is saying. But Blackberry screwing with its own database and blocking our phones? No way...

And yeah, all I've done in this thread is whine. And you know why? because I CAN'T DO anything else since blackberry refuses to acknowledge that, sometimes, a problem doesn't go away repeating the same generic answer.