Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Sinnaz0790
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: TSTT

Z10 Rebooting

After updating my z10 to the 10.0.10.85 i had some active frames glitches and random reboots i became frustrated and decided to back up and factory restory my device after doing this it was a pin in the **bleep** the restore my contacts after linking over 700 contacts. After this the device was reloaded using the updated os release done through Link. now when i rest my phone on my wooden desk it randomly restarts. I an a constant blackberry user and this here is really depressing knowing i spent 600 Canadian on a factory unlocked device and can't enjoy using it i am afraid to reload it because it makes restoring linked contacts a pain. and to link 700 plus contacts is depressing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DuaneKR
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Cell C

Re: Z10 Rebooting

Hi,

after updating the z10 to the latest software, di dyou restore all your data or just the contacts? and how did you restore your contacts to the z10?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790

I restored all data I can't seem to figure out if I can back up contacts alone through link so I did a restore and it asked to verify passwords n eventually they came up
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DuaneKR
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Cell C

restore the unit to factory settings and do the follwoing....

when you do a restore, only select app data and not settings etc.....

and let me know...

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

As a test, re-install the OS. You can do this with the Link software. Do not do the restore right away. Try the phone for a number of hours or even for the day to see if it is stable.  If it is okay, then restore only your contacts first. See if it is stable. Then restore the data, but not the media. See if it is stable.

If you do not do the restore, you will have to put back your email addresses manually. If you synced your phone's contacts with Hotmail, when you put back your Hotmail email address with the allow to sync, all the contacts will come back automatically.

I had an issue with one phone where it would not let me create shortcuts on to the desktop (panels) after doing an OS reload. It turned out the media restore was the fault. After sending the logs to Blackberry support they told me there was something corrupt in the media files that I backed up from the phone. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790

How can I check to see which email address is being used to sync contacts my main concern is loosing my numbers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Sinnaz0790

Basically I'm trying to backup contacts do a factory restore and just restore them
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Make an email address change, and see if it follows between the phone and the change you made.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

All those having the random reboots, yesterday BlackBerry published this Knowledge Base article on the issue:

KB34039 BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

Environment

• BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
  • BlackBerry 10 OS versions 10.0.10.684, 10.0.10.672, and 10.0.9.2743
  • DT 7053652
  • PR 321595
  • DT 6869108
Overview
During normal usage, the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone restarts on its own.

Resolution
Upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.1.0.2050 or later if available.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slythfmst
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

Can you post the link to get 10.1.0.2050 or later as I can't seem to get it anywhere.... These reboots are driving me nuts....
Please use plain text.