Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Z10 SIM issues

Hi Folks, I got a z10 last week, I am presently using an iPhone5.  I configured the z10 and all worked fine, but decided it was time to actually try the phone.  Well as we know the iPhone now has a micor sim, not just a mini sim, so I purchased a sim expander.  Installed the sim, but it would not register in the phone.  I tried a number of positions but gave up.

My daughter has an iPhone4 so I took that sim and fitted it, again would not register the sim.

I tried O2 and Vodafone sim's but nothing.

Any clues or is the phone faulty.

Cheers

Paul C

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Z10 SIM issues

You will need the dedicated SIM for the Blackberry. From what I have been told usig the adabter is a hit and miss ordeal. Sometimes these adabters can damage the SIM socket in the phone.

--

I have been told the following:

Blackberry data plans do not work with the iPhone, the iPhone uses a plan specific for all Apple iPhones (3G, 3GS, 4, etc.)

Your blackberry data plan will not allow you to browse or send and receive e-mail with your iPhone you would certainly need to change your data plan to one that works with the iPhone. You should call your service provider for details. For the Blackberry to work properly it requires a compatible data plan.

--

Jerry G.