Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mapajegio
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Z10 Signal Problem / Searching

Has anyone else noticed sketchy network/signal strength performance when using certain "Network Technology" modes in the "Mobile Network" settings?  

If I use any of the modes without GSM, such as LTE/HSPA+/UMTS or HSPA+/UMTS, then the phone seems to work for a while but will randomly show grey bars and eventually resort to a red X and drop off the network completely.  

It's only been a day of having the phone, but the issue SEEMS to go away if the phone is on LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM or HSPA+/UMTS/GSM.  Is this a bug, a defective phone, or a bad SIM?  Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Mickdonalds
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Z10 Signal Problem / Searching

[ Edited ]

hi,

well i have the exact same problem with the signal but i dont know about GSM and LTE the networks you talked about

i just bought the devie yesterday and the signal is poor, after searching for people with similiar problems it seems that only a couple of us reported on the internet with this problem, so there might be hundreds out there with a bad new blackberry, 

so my advice to you if you still want this blackberry even thou it sucks 

do what ill do, just go to the store where you got it and get them to fix it, if they did not demand another new device 

and if it had the same problems, toss it in the sea lol

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mapajegio
My Carrier: Koodo

Turns out I just had a defective one. Had it replaced by my Koodo store with no questions asked. The replacement works perfect...couldn't be better.
Please use plain text.
Javadam
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi there. My z10 is version STL100-1 means no LTE and using TI OMAP instead of Qualcomm SnapDragon. And the problem is worst, even I put in single mode only 2G or 3G only the signal fluctuates and calls are drop too often. I'm very disappointed with this problem
Please use plain text.
adprim
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

I have same problem, signal is H+ but signal logo  is missing? My bbm not working, but browser is alright. I call the provider, they said the working fine? what should i do?
Please use plain text.