Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
markhale
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Z10 Sound Profiles

Hi

In previous BlackBerry phones, I have used the Priority Calls option in the sound profiles. ie created a "meeting" profile where all alerts are silent except for calls from one phone number in my address book 

I have looked in the various options on the Z10, and this feature doesn't appear to show, or it it is then its called something else. 

Any ideas 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Sound Profiles

At this time, that feature is not available.  In a future update, perhaps (and hopefully), but not yet.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

This is a big inconvenience for me too. Hopefully, they add that in at some point.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
jabstract
My Device: Playbook 64GB

That's one of the features I was looking forward to having and a big chunk of my business case to switch from my corporate iPhone to a BB10 device...

Hopefully an update comes out to reinstate this feature.

Please use plain text.
brucerobson
My Carrier: Telus

This was always one of keys features that kept us on BlackBerry sad feature omission. That and the water down of bedside mode.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ghard1
My Device: bold
My Carrier: rogers

[ Edited ]

I agree.  I can't for the life of me understand why the sound profiles have actually taken two steps back instead of moved forward.  It seems to be a no brainer to me.  Talking to the few people who have taken the leap to the Z10 are saying the same thing.  Now the rest of the office isn't sure if they want to upgrade yet.

I need the ability to put my phone into bedside mode yet be able to hear if the phone rings - it is my only phone and while I don't want to be waken up to email, if someone needs to get a hold of me in an emergency, the phone should ring.

The lack of a Holster profile is also brutal.  Placing the phone into the holster does nothing in terms of changing the profile (vibrate to ring for example) or am I missing something?  Does this not seem like a no brainer?

I used to be able to denote my messages based on the vibration pattern.  I could change BBM messages to 1 short, Email to 1 short two long etc.  That feature is also missing.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You're not missing anything. All those capabilities are gone. I hate it too.

Also, there is a bug where if you get too many notification sounds trying to go off at once (like receiving an email and a BBM message at the same time) the device stops notifying altogether until you pull the battery. It's a known issue and hopefully will be fixed in a future update.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
feelmyice
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I haven't experienced this bug yet so maybe it was addressed already. I would like to edit my sound profiles just like I was able to on my 9900. I have a seperate email address for after hours Pager alerts and I can't set it to play a song at max volume anymore.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

That issue was fixed in the latest update. My notifications gave not stopped since the software update.

We are still waiting to see if the granularity will be added into the new OS.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Since I posted that nearly three weeks ago, yes, its possible the update fixed it.
Please use plain text.