Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Speed Dial?

Z10guy wrote:
I'm able to add and see 3 speed dial icons. I try to add another number to speed dial using the "add to speed dial" icon but I can't see where it is added. Where do I find a list of all added speed dial numbers? Thanks.

Do it this way, as mentioned above... open a contact you with to make a speed dial... touch the [...] more icon and mark as a favorite (touching the star icon).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

You must be in the contacts submenu of the phone app to add numbers to your speed dial.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Z10guy

I'm in the contacts menu and open the specific contact I want to add to seed dial. I press and hold his mobile number and swipe over to select "Add to Speed Dial". I just can't see his number in my speed dial list as I can only see 3 other speed dial numbers and don't know how to find him in the speed dial list. Obviously I'm missing something here...
Please use plain text.
zephryn
My Carrier: Telus

I was having this same issue. Going to the contacts submenu in the phone app wouldn't let me add anyone as a speed dial. It would act like it would add them, but then do nothing. It seems to be a bug with adding speed dial numbers in the phone app. I got around this by adding my speed dial contacts through the call log (under the speed dial tiles).

If the contacts you want to add aren't in your call log yet, try calling and immediately hanging up on the contact so they show up. From there press and hold and add to speed dial.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Z10guy

Thanks Zephryn. That worked perfectly!!!

Please use plain text.
GregPackers
My Carrier: Bell

What you have to do is in the phone tab go to contacts.

Once there select the contact and the number you like. Hold down on it until a "Star" appears on the right of the screen. Select that and you have added a new contact to speed Dial

Hope it Works!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yea, that's been posted. Some people just don't read the entire thread.

JSanders wrote:

Do it this way, as mentioned above... open a contact you with to make a speed dial... touch the [...] more icon and mark as a favorite (touching the star icon).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nadher
My Carrier: ETISALAT UAE

Go to Contacts, select the name and Tell No. You wants to add to quick dial and press the menu on the right down menu ,then Press on the STAR to add favorite. It will add it to the quick dial.

You can add only 8 in addition to the \voice mail, This is not enough for me either. If you are on the road and need to call business associates you diffidently need more than 8 . I miss my BB BOLD,

Please use plain text.
h33
Contributor
h33
My Device: Zed 10

Here's a Speed Dial question (and answer - sort of)

Q . Is there any way to edit the name that appears associated with the speed dial numbers? |For example, one of my speed dial names was "Mr."  - not very helpful

A. Yes,- I changed the contact name so that the First name is now "Ralph Smith", for example, rather than "Mr."

And that works

Please use plain text.
Contributor
walkeri
My Device: Not Specified

This speed dial thing in Z10 is hard to work through.  I have pressed star (add speed dial) on about 10 numbers.  I still have only three numbers with icons plus the voice mail icon at the top.  Then there is the list below that with green phone icons that I have dialed recently.  This list gets added to regardless of whether the number has been designated with a star, or not, so it doesn't seem to be a stable and purpose specific speed dial list. 

Can someone clarify?  Thanks.

Please use plain text.