Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
livelym
My Device: Z10 Enterprise
Accepted Solution

Z10 - The Nightmare Continues

My best advice for business users is keep the old Blackberrys until they die and then look carefully at these forums and make sure the problems have been fixed.  As I have noted elsewhere they are still having sync issues with BES on AT&T.

New problem - AT&T phone after delete/readd of BES account that won't sync will not take the correct workplace pin.  After the forced security wipe this time adding BES it would take the device pin but not the work pin.  Went through the wipe/reinstall process three times. Will fire up my old torch in a minute - of course AT&T will not take this back after I have been working with BB to debug it for 60 days.

MY ADVICE IS RUN AWAY FROM THESE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 - The Nightmare Continues

livelym, my advice would be you to seek assistance from the BES sections of these forums.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
livelym

It's not a BES problem. The Verizon devices we have all work perfectly. See my posts in the BES section.

Also - FYI - if you are having problems getting the device to take the workplace pin charge the device completely and remove/reinstall the battery. 

JSanders

If the device is being used in a BES environment, then the topic is appropriate in the BES sections of this forum.

You're tossing out "advice", so can others.

MY ADVICE IS RUN AWAY FROM livelym's ADVICE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
livelym

Wow - bad advice! The first thing the BES support team had us try was going direct to exchange around the BES server - no difference.

Got the long awaited 10.1 for AT&T yesterday and believe it or not the problem is worse.

Note - my Verizon users, with one exception, have never seen the problem and they connect exactly the same. The exception guy has had to enter his password twice since April.

One new message today - "not connected - account invalid". Search on that on this forum.

Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

JSanders wrote:
If the device is being used in a BES environment, then the topic is appropriate in the BES sections of this forum.

You're tossing out "advice", so can others.

MY ADVICE IS RUN AWAY FROM livelym's ADVICE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!

Your the best JSanders lmao 

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have not seen this issue with my users.

What version BES and Mail server?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
livelym

Hello Knotty,

Exchange 2003 (newest patches). Still have the old BES server supporting the old fleet, and the new BES 10 server (Version 6.2.0.36) supports about 12 devices.

Only one Verizon device has had the sync issue and readding the password fixed it.

Problem still occurs using direct activesync with the BES out of the picture. (another thread or two on the board mentions same problems with POP)

The AT&T Z10 has the problem over cellular data or WiFi.

We are running a sniffer in our DMZ today to watch the traffic and compare the Verizon and AT&T devices. So far the tech's comments have been amazement at the large packet sizes for the AT&T Z10. Will be comparing to the Verizon device later today.

Thanks for your help.

Contributor
livelym

We believe we have this fixed and it looks like the problem was on our side.

The fact that Verizon users were working fine and the single AT&T unit rarely worked more than a few days was confusing and then, week before last, a couple of Verizon users began having problems. Since the user with the biggest problem sat right outside my office it suggested an environment problem and we traced it to a wireless video extender product from a company called Diamond. Their support was chatting with me until I brought up "bleed over" to LTE networks and then they quit e-mailing. The device was within 3 meters of our desks.

That fixed the in-office problem, but not every problem. BB support confirmed authentication errors in our activesync logs - confusing because the Verizon devices seemed to handle them OK - and we made a change on the Exchange 2003 server which seems to have fixed it although there are still some errors. In the ActiveSync properties / Authentication Methods screen we added a check for Basic authentication in addition to the default Integrated Windows Authentication.

We are happy users again at this point.

JSanders

Good to know.

Seems this thread title and your initial post could use some editing...

Knowledge Base Updates