Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Xandrex re: #6, I've omitted something there accidentally. I'll check my notes.

Re: the term Overflow, perhaps "More" would be an appropriate name for that icon?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
W_Archer
My Device: Z10

Ok - that little spacebar/keyboard thing was a real timesaver - thanks!

Please use plain text.
Enterprise SME
-BD-

[ Edited ]

For keyboard shortcuts you can swipe left on the keyboard to delete an entire word.  You can swipe down on the keyboard to swap between the different keyboards quickly.  Press space twice to add a period.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Word Substitution .............................................. Learn to use the pre-loaded entries such as "ld" for today's date, "lt" for the current time, "mypin" to enter your Z10 PIN, or "myver" to instantly enter your BlackBerry model and OS version installed.

This works everywhere except in a text message" Can anyone confirm this - that seems odd to exclude that feature from text

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

streetcharm wrote:

Word Substitution .............................................. Learn to use the pre-loaded entries such as "ld" for today's date, "lt" for the current time, "mypin" to enter your Z10 PIN, or "myver" to instantly enter your BlackBerry model and OS version installed.

This works everywhere except in a text message" Can anyone confirm this - that seems odd to exclude that feature from text

yes this is a bug. Please read this article from the public knowledge base to get more information:

KB33607 Word substitution is non-functional for text messages on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Here's one to add to the list. When selecting text to edit, click once to hit where you think you need to edit and a "selection modifier circle' will pop up around that text.

You can either drag this around with your finger OR (the function that makes it way more accurate) tap the side of the circle in the direction you want to move the cursor in. Each tap moves the cursor one space in that direction. Tap right (moves one right), tap left (moves one left), tap up (moves one line up), tap down (moves one line down). Makes selecting very accurate very quickly! :smileyhappy:

Also, add the quick keyboard toggle: swipe down with one finger to cycle between letter keyboard, symbol keyboard 1 and symbol keyboard 2. It toggles in that order and is good for only one number/symbol input - then it flips back to the regular keyboard. This is great for inputting a "&" or braces for example while typing text. To lock the symbol keyboards up simply click that button on the bottom left of the keyboard screen and it will stay up for multiple input. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Xandrex wrote:

JSanders wrote:
Hub Quick Controls: While in your Hub view

I am sorry, I do not understand that tip. Can you please give some details?

I think that he is refering to this cool trick: Hub Compact Sidebar ??

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

JSanders wrote:
Battery & kenzie, I just may have a workaround coming on that issue. I just can't touch it until Monday or so.

I'd be VERY anxious to learn of a workaround as I would love to be able to set up a couple of e-mail signatures that I've been so used to using for years that dissapointly, I no longer can on my Z10 !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenzzie
My Device: BB10 Z10

[ Edited ]

drewread wrote:

Here's one to add to the list. When selecting text to edit, click once to hit where you think you need to edit and a "selection modifier circle' will pop up around that text.

You can either drag this around with your finger OR (the function that makes it way more accurate) tap the side of the circle in the direction you want to move the cursor in. Each tap moves the cursor one space in that direction. Tap right (moves one right), tap left (moves one left), tap up (moves one line up), tap down (moves one line down). Makes selecting very accurate very quickly! :smileyhappy:

Also, add the quick keyboard toggle: swipe down with one finger to cycle between letter keyboard, symbol keyboard 1 and symbol keyboard 2. It toggles in that order and is good for only one number/symbol input - then it flips back to the regular keyboard. This is great for inputting a "&" or braces for example while typing text. To lock the symbol keyboards up simply click that button on the bottom left of the keyboard screen and it will stay up for multiple input. :smileyhappy:

"selection modifier circle'  tip is a good one, thanks for sharing.  It also seems to work to move the cursor up and down by tapping on the upper or lower edge of the circle.

Ken

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenzzie
My Device: BB10 Z10

MikeScully wrote:

JSanders wrote:
Battery & kenzie, I just may have a workaround coming on that issue. I just can't touch it until Monday or so.

I'd be VERY anxious to learn of a workaround as I would love to be able to set up a couple of e-mail signatures that I've been so used to using for years that dissapointly, I no longer can on my Z10 !

Ditto....

Please use plain text.