Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

kenzzie wrote:

MikeScully wrote:

JSanders wrote:
Battery & kenzie, I just may have a workaround coming on that issue. I just can't touch it until Monday or so.

I'd be VERY anxious to learn of a workaround as I would love to be able to set up a couple of e-mail signatures that I've been so used to using for years that dissapointly, I no longer can on my Z10 !

Ditto....

Sorry guys, I never got to it today, hopefully tomorrow. Real life and all that boring stuff got in the way.

That and still figuring a workaround for my lack of wired Outlook sync!

I haven't forgotten, I have a couple hundred former AutoText to bring over.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Not a problem !!  You've already been a HUGE help !  It's unfortunate there is so little info that comes with the phone and the PDF manual doesn't have a search..   I have to ask seeing how you're the resident expert :smileywink: ...   The mute button..   what purpose does it serve ??  is it there to mute the mic during a call ?  every now and again I pull my Z10 out of the holster and see what I believe to be the mute icon on the screen and when it's there, neither of the volume buttons work and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change it back but it seems to do it on its own ???  maybe it has something to do with my bluetooth speaker in the car ??   so many questions - so little time !!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

drewread wrote:

You can either drag this around with your finger OR (the function that makes it way more accurate) tap the side of the circle in the direction you want to move the cursor in. Each tap moves the cursor one space in that direction. Tap right (moves one right), tap left (moves one left), tap up (moves one line up), tap down (moves one line down). Makes selecting very accurate very quickly! :

"selection modifier circle'  tip is a good one, thanks for sharing.  It also seems to work to move the cursor up and down by tapping on the upper or lower edge of the circle.

Ken

Yep, I said that. :smileyhappy: I', sure it's all in a manual somewhere.. but I'm too busy playing to RTFM! :smileyvery-happy:

Like it if ya like it!

DrewRead

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

MikeScully wrote:

Not a problem !!  You've already been a HUGE help !  It's unfortunate there is so little info that comes with the phone and the PDF manual doesn't have a search..   I have to ask seeing how you're the resident expert :smileywink: ...   The mute button..   what purpose does it serve ??  is it there to mute the mic during a call ?  every now and again I pull my Z10 out of the holster and see what I believe to be the mute icon on the screen and when it's there, neither of the volume buttons work and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change it back but it seems to do it on its own ???  maybe it has something to do with my bluetooth speaker in the car ??   so many questions - so little time !!!

I'm sure that it will mute the mic during a phone call, I noticed that it mutes the mic during a video chat totally accidentally. It would seem that (in video chat at least) that it is not properly toggling the on-screen mute button / indicator. But it does work.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenzzie
My Device: BB10 Z10

Sorry, too busy moving the little circle around.  You did say it in your post, not trying to steal your thunder.

K

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
streetcharm
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Are you referring to a speaker icon with a lock below it? Was bothering the heck outta me. Its the volume keys being automatically disabled whenever there is a bluetooth audio connection/pairing.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

streetcharm wrote:
Are you referring to a speaker icon with a lock below it? Was bothering the heck outta me. Its the volume keys being automatically disabled whenever there is a bluetooth audio connection/pairing.

Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to and although I did have a suspicion, you've just confirmed it !!  Thanks a lot !

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hey Mike, the mute key between the up/down volume keys does act to mute the audio of music/video and calls.

It can also activate the voice search app when press for about two seconds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
KarlaDJR
My Device: Not Specified

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

MikeScully wrote:

It's unfortunate there is so little info that comes with the phone and the PDF manual doesn't have a search..

yes, I usually use the HTML manual, but it is not yet available for the Z10. I suggest you download the PDF file to your PC and use Adobe Reader on your PC. The search feature will be available.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.