If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Battery77
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Hopefully currently is the key word.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
omani
My Device: z10
My Carrier: omantel

Great - thanks!!!
Please use plain text.
WFN
Contributor
WFN
My Carrier: VODAFONE

Brilliant, thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Here is another tip/trick.

In calendar mode, switch to the month view. Touch the current month and swipe down, you will pull down a month grid with 6 months visible. You can quickly swipe left and right through the months and years. :smileyhappy: Images below.

IMG_00000221.png

1/2 way through the swipe ^

Calendar Grid

Full view of "Month Grid" ^

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

For selecting text on a webpage, blog, email or other:

• To select one word: Touch and hold the word you want to select for about a second.
  • To select one full sentence: Keep touching and holding the same for about two seconds.
  • To select an entire paragraph: Keep touching for about three seconds, and the entire paragraph is selected.
  • To select this paragrah AND the next paragraph: Keep holding a fourth second.
  • ...and so on, the fifth second will select the subsequent paragraph; another second the next, etc.

Comments: Too often, I found myself making the first selection, releasing my finger, and dragging the blue marker down with another finger. Keeping your one finger ON that selection each additional second gives you further selection of the full sentence, or next paragraph, and so on.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

JSanders wrote:

For selecting text on a webpage, blog, email or other:

• To select one word: Touch and hold the word you want to select for about a second.
  • To select one full sentence: Keep touching and holding the same for about two seconds.
  • To select an entire paragraph: Keep touching for about three seconds, and the entire paragraph is selected.
  • To select this paragrah AND the next paragraph: Keep holding a fourth second.
  • ...and so on, the fifth second will select the subsequent paragraph; another second the next, etc.

Comments: Too often, I found myself making the first selection, releasing my finger, and dragging the blue marker down with another finger. Keeping your one finger ON that selection each additional second gives you further selection of the full sentence, or next paragraph, and so on.

Interesting feature, but it doesn't seem to work everywhere (it does not work in Remember for instance...) so there are a few UI inconsistencies with it, but good one.

Any way you can edit your first post and add all of the useful tips and tricks to that first post as they come up? That way new users won't have to read through 7 pages of posts to get to the meat of this thread. :smileyhappy:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
rickyverma
My Carrier: rogers

Additions: 1. some apps have a hidden slide down menu, when u swipe down from the top while the app is open.
2. I love the ability to delete a complete word by simply swiping anywhere on the keyboard from left to right.
Please use plain text.
rickyverma
My Carrier: rogers

Correction to above: a word is deleted by swiping from right to left anywhere on the keyboard.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the community! You can easily edit your posts if you are not on the mobile site, the options drop down (top right of your post on the non-mobile site) allows you to do this. :smileyhappy:

The note about the drop down menus is a great one! Those of us that have had Playbooks for a while simply take that one for granted and forgot that it would be all new to the new z10 owners. Thank you for pointing that out! :Yes:

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

I just found out if you flag an email it moves it automatically to remember app :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.