Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BMWBarrister
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook > Z10

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Actually, you don't even need to move or swipe your finger/thumb up. It's just like the old physical keyboard. A long press is for the Capital Letter.
Developer
Shikimori-roro-kun
My Device: Z10 Limited Edition

THanks a lot, although i knew a lot of them :smileyvery-happy:

New Contributor
bbz10js
My Device: Z10

Not sure I saw this one posted and am not sure if this is useful to others: you can pull down the 'night stand mode' which switches the profile to 'Phone Calls only' by a gesture from the top of the screen downwards on the lock screen. This can be done even when the phone is not attached to a charger. I use this frequently to switch to Phone only mode quickly.

The gesture is the same as one would use on an unlocked screen to get to the settings menu.

Contributor
michi30885
My Device: Blackberry Z10, PlayBook

Sorry if this has been posted already, I was very excited to have found this last night - 2 months after I got my Z10!

It's pretty standard and it tells you on the screen what to do if you want to take a call: Slide down the bar with the contact's details to pick up the call.

To <u>'Ignore'</u> an incoming call to put it straight to voicemail, slide the bar upwards towards the top bezel. Simples

Forums Advisor III
drewread

It's already listed in this thread. You can also tap the caller I'd bar to silence the ringer but let the phone ring to voicemail.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
Amikam
My Device: Blackberry z10

Execellant !
Many thanks .
Visitor
dorin

Hi ,

I have a Z10 and I discovered that the Sync Time for emails can not be lower than 15 min.

I need to get the emails faster thatn that.  Is there any way to do it ?

Also if I delete an email from the Z10 is automatically deleted from the server.

At the BB Curve I had the option to delete from the phone or from the server.

Can something be done so Z10 will work like the Curve or the other old models ?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello Dorin,

dorin wrote:

I have a Z10 and I discovered that the Sync Time for emails can not be lower than 15 min.

It is the other way around. emails are synchronized after at most 15 minutes. My personal experience is that they arrive on my Z10 after a few seconds most of the time. I am currently using GMail through ActiveSync.

dorin wrote:

I need to get the emails faster thatn that.  Is there any way to do it ?

as far as I know, no. But you can use your email provider's webmail if they provide one. The new GMail mobile website is incredibly practical now.

dorin wrote:

Also if I delete an email from the Z10 is automatically deleted from the server.

At the BB Curve I had the option to delete from the phone or from the server.

Can something be done so Z10 will work like the Curve or the other old models ?

Currently, no. The general advice is to file the mail message into a specific folder, and then from time to time, on the webmail, empty that folder. I do not find it practical, so I simply mark them as read.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
dragonbz
My Device: z10

I need help. How do you rename a picture after you take em?

Trusted Contributor
MikeScully

dragonbz wrote:

I need help. How do you rename a picture after you take em?

Go to "File Manager" then go to wherever the picture is stored (Device or sdcard) and find the image in whatever folder it's stored. Touch and hold your finger on that image and a menu bar will appear on the right. There's a number of options including "Move", "Share", "Rename" etc available on that menu..  Takes a little getting used to but once you do, you'll like the file manager