Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Z10 Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

Please do us all a favor and keep your petty politics out of these discussion forums.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

I can't get this to work. One finger deletes one word. Two or more make e whole screen shift a little left, then drop back - with no editing effect.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello UKuser55,

it takes some practice. Please check the video here, the guy manages to delete 4 words at a time.
http://www.blackberryos.com/content/friday-tip-delete-many-words-single-swipe-z10-6348/

I practiced, and got success, but in the end I delete one word at a time, several times. Faster and besides I use my Z10 with just one hand most of the time.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: idea

Great man!!!

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

This thread was of great help. Will come back for more.

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Relaince

wow thats awesome

Give a like.

1. please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?
" which solved it for you
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

I honestly don't have the patience to read 26 pages (but I did read the last 5-6 pages).

These are the tricks I found useful and didn't find them in this thread:

1. Typing 'myver' and then tapping the spacebar gives you your current BlackBerry OS version. 'mypin' quickly displays your BlackBerry PIN number and 'mynumber' shows your phone number. These handy hints save you having to dig into the settings menu to find the information, which takes much longer.
  2. Everyone has those days when you're about to leave the house and can't find your phone. Where is it?! Thankfully, the Z10 has BlackBerry Protect. You can enable this feature from the System Settings menu and once it's switched on, you can use your computer to track the location of the device. Log into protect.blackberry.com with your BlackBerry ID and you'll be able to see the exact location, as well as send messages to it, so you can hear the notification sound. You can even wipe all of the content on the device -- should you discover it's not in your house as you thought, but stuck down the back of a seat on the last train home.
  3. You can quickly get a better view of the last image you took with the camera -- just hold your finger in the corner of the thumbnail that appears in the corner of the display, then drag to expand it. This means you can look at the photo without having to leave the camera screen and wait for the image viewer application to open.
  4. If you're something of a social butterfly and have loads of Twitter followers, Facebook friends and LinkedIn associates -- not to mention a full inbox -- you might want to be more picky about which messages appear in the BlackBerry Hub to avoid going totally insane from all the content flooding into your phone. From the Hub menu, tap the '...' icon in the bottom-right corner and select Settings. Then pick Hub Management and toggle the accounts you wish to receive notifications from.

Courtesy of cnet.co.uk: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/25-tips-for-the-blackberry-z10-50010681/

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE Smiley Wink
New Developer
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Reliance

thanks .. we really need this..