Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 Touch Screen

Good morning JSanders, you were very helpful w my concern. Are you able to help me manually update to 10.2 as mentioned?
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Yes, I've been busy with real life.. I've been using 10.2.0.1803 on my Verizon z10 this week and just wanted to make sure I was pleased with it before recommending you load it.

I will get back with you today.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

No problem, take your time. I hope the experience with 10.2 has been great so far.

Sorry for the delay.

The other thread has now been updated to include links of the officially released 10.2.0.1803 operating system for all models of BlackBerry10 devices (Z30, Z10, Q10 and Q5). Check the instructions in the first post of this link:

Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-using...

After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. And, the battery will recover after a few days. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: mobilcom

The Touchscreen does not work anymore after having had a telephone call or after having used Skype for a call. I cannot use it as usual and I have to switch it off. Even the restart function not operating any more

Reboot: On the side edge volume keys, press and hold down both of the Up and Down volume keys for about 20 seconds, ignoring the initial screenshot message... the screen will go black and reboot.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Z10 STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Z10 Touch Screen - Keypad Issue

Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue, but:

Some keys don't work on the Z10 keypad.  The M, N, and period don't register when texting or emailing.  Note: they are all adjacent in the lower right portion of the phone.  *** THIS IS IN PORTRAIT MODE ***  When I switch to Landscape mode, they work fine, but the up-arrow for caps -  which is now in the exact same spot, lower right -- now does not work.  That implies to me it's hardware but... 

I can do a work-around with using a double space to enter a period, or using landcape mode only (which i don't like), but any ideas?  I've done a reboot & battery pull, left the back cover off to dry it out just in case moisture had gotten in, am using OS10.1.0.2039 (Verizon hasn't offered OS10.2 yet), and have model STL100-4. 

Thanks to anyone for help ~

Contributor
My Carrier: mobilcom

If I have a telephone call or If I use Skype the Touchscreen does bit work any more. I have to switch the mobile if. Even the option restart or new start dies not work any more. This happens at any time if I use Skype or the telephone. Best S.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

My screen has started to freeze, it's allowing me to swipe up and down as well as side to side, but once I tap an icon, whatever that might be, it wont open and if after constant tapping it happens to open, say text, bbm etc, it wont allow me to type anything - I've turned on and off several times, removed the sim and now I'm here after reading countless posts about freezing issues on this "The Worst Phone I Have Ever Owned" so I welcome any suggestions please.

Just because I have a computer and a phone, does not mean I can spell or type proficiently.