Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jtonmybb
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

Z10 WARRANTY NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON

Hi  GUYS

After some interesting emails going back and forth between me and blackberry and carphone warehouse (cpw) i have final been told that cpw over rule any warranty that blackberry may have because i told me phone to the company that originally sold it blackberry senoir management not customer service stated that cpw have full blackberry support for charging a flat rate £170 for any blackberry phone :No:and would suggest to me as i wrote in the title the warranty is not worth the paper it's written on. i have to ask myself now do i want a blackberry and if i do keep it can i buy another warranty or insurance for my phone that will cover any and all damage mis use ect when i say mis use i dont mean i'm going to beat hell out my phone. i guess i mean normal wera and tear. i fine this crazy that the flagship z10 comes with a warranty that is useless whats the point in a warranty if it doesn't cover all things that can go wrong with a phone.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 WARRANTY NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WRITTEN ON

but iy from a carrier like voda or o2 that does have warranty services

carephone whare house is not a carrier and thus there is not much of a warranty

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

"and would suggest to me as I wrote in the title the warranty is not worth the paper it's written on"

Why after you bought a broken Z10 from eBay are you still bleating on about Blackberrys warranty?  You bought it broken from someone who could well have broken it and fraudulently sold it on eBay as working because they couldn't get it changed, life's like that get over it!

If you can't afford the risk of loosing money don't buy from eBay!!!!!

Contributor
jtonmybb

[ Edited ]

Hi aa388

Thank you for the wonderful insight firstly I didn't know it was broken till I got it throught the post you must be clairvoyant and the phone gods must smile on you if you have never had a problem with a mobile phone. I bought the thing in good faith and got skunked. I didn't know that till it arrived but you would have know that. Secondly as for eBay in general eBay is a safe place to buy from enforcement of the rules is what is needed in eBay to get rid off the bad sellers and I will admit there are 1000s of bad sellers. Thirdly I don't believe for one minute that anyone on this forum is guaranteed the use of there warranty if there phone breaks after being told by blackberry the warranty doesn't cover lots of things are you saying everyone with a z10 shouldn't worry.

lastly like most people in business or buying online there has to  be trust and my problem was I trusted eBay protection would work or paypal or the laws in the UK would prevent me from being robbed i thank you very much for your comments aa388 i can only say what a super human you must never being caught out with anyone wow what a guy your advice and comments today are more than welcome it's people like you that are so valued on forums with insight like that you should blog for one of the national papers

Trusted Contributor
katonym
My Device: Z10 and Playbook

If your phone is damaged then that isn't a warranty issue, that would be an insurance issue and if you don't have any then of course they are going to charge you to replace/repair it! Warranty is for hardware and software FAULTS not physical damage. I worked for CPW and they were always 100% fair with repairs and replacements. Under 28 days and purchased via CPW then an exchange for a FAULT and then over 28 days it would be sent for repair. You need to get back to ebay and PayPal as you have been told MANY times on here. There is damage to the handset and so CPW don't have to even offer to repair/replace it for you. Lesson learned here I hope about buying high value electrical items from ebay....
Trusted Contributor
katonym

Just an addition - I doubt you would be able to add insurance on to it now as it is already damaged and your insurer would want to look at it before you get it covered to ensure that it isn't already damaged.

It is a horrible situation to be in, but the only place that you can try and get your money back is by PayPal - making sure that you have evidence that you tried to contact the seller as soon as the item arrived and you realised it was damaged.
Regular Contributor
AA388
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

"Thank you for the wonderful insight"

You know who you bought the phone from, eBay know who you bought it from, Paypal know who you paid. so why don't you just put the paperwork into the small claims court and let them sort it for you. It is there to help you, and it's simple to use. I've never lost in the small claims courts, sometimes I didn't get the full amount I wanted but if you have a case which you seem to have with the seller that will be the only way to go if eBay and paypal aren't playing ball.

My next court date is in June against Canon.

Trusted Contributor
katonym

Of coruse - Small Claims Court - excellent!! I also have never lost but getting your money back isn't always that simple but worth a route if PayPal and their massive power can't do anything (which I doubt).
Contributor
jtonmybb

[ Edited ]

not that easy I stay in Scotland she stays in England there is very muddy waters between courts I am working on this now but its not as simple as small claims court that's my route but which court to claim in England you need to live in England to use Scottish court you have no claim under English law or so I am being advised also i am disabled and house bound and i mean house bound haven't outside in years