Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jwunderlick
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 WILL NOT TURN ON

If this solution is for the wife's phone not turning on, it does not work.

As previously stated the device doesn't exist as far as connecting usb goes, let alone has the functionality to power down/up.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Then you will need to contact your carrier to resolve the issue. Follow my instructions regarding support in my post above.

Cheers!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jwunderlick

I appreciate the effort you guys have given. I did get a hold of Telus and they said I should just exchange it.

Problem now is I need to hope they are open Sunday as its my only day off, and they have gotten new stock.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jwunderlick

After receiving a replacement for my wife's phone, like clockwork it has encountered the exact same problem 4 days later. We have used only the charger that came with the phone. Is anyone else having similar problems?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LEAJ

The same thing happened to me this morning, but fortunately, pulling the battery re-started the Z10. But when I shut it down again after awhile, just to see what would happen, it again did not come on.

So, I hooked it up to the PC via a USB cable, it came on (after I closed BlackBerry Desktop, which I still have installed because I have a Playbook and started BlackBerry Link, which doesn't come on when I plug in the device, despite having selected that option), and after putting in my password, it did show up as a device.

After a backup, just in case, I ran the Z10 for a few hours and then tried shutting it down again. It started up just fine, thank goodness, because the idea of doing a wipe (recommended as a remedy in this thread) was pretty terrifying after spending the past week getting things running the way I like.

Leslie
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aloon69
My Device: z10

I have the same problem and the replacement warranty is one 2 weeks, then its repair only after that. I've had the phone for two months...

They say if the phone is not repairible they will send a "Refurbished" one with 90 days on warranty.

I really don't want someones used previously broken phone with 90 days left on warranty. It feels... kinda dirty.

I hope they can fix it 100%.

Before mine crashed/locked, several times the screen went blank and it froze/shut down. The last time it happened it will not power up even though battery was full. Usb doesn't make a light come on either.

Will report back after repair attempt.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aloon69

Should read "Replacement warranty is only good for two weeks"
Please use plain text.
BreeOMahony
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same problem ever since last night when it was charging, and I've tried all of those things too. Also, it's turned off on it's own twice before.
I'm going in to talk to AT&T today, hopefully they know what's up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cortiz2

I had this happen to me too. Bought the phone on launch day not even 30 days later it did exactly the same thing and i did try other outlets, batteries, plugs, computer and so forth. I returned it and got a replacement and again not even 30 days later it happened again and now i'm without a phone until the new one comes in. lost all my pictures and everything.   how is it that i get two defective z10s !? it really sucks.  I hope it doesn't happen again 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jwunderlick

What my wife and I have done is thrown out the charger that she used and stopped plugging the blackberry into the outlet she had it in both times it broke down. We have yet to have an issue with the third phone yet. It may be a coincidence as far as the outlet is concerned. In fact I am fairly certain both cases were a faulty device. I have charged my phone with the culprit outlet, PlayBook rapid charger, several other wall/usb chargers, and car chargers and had no issues with my device. I would recommend backing your phone up regularly to your computer with blackberry link, and saving data to your memory card whenever possible. If you get another faulty device you will not lose as much information and data.
Please use plain text.