Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 4167162718
Accepted Solution

Z10 activated on BES 10 automatically syncs Drafts folder

Hello,

We have a BES10 installed and Exchange 2010. I got two questions about the setup.

1) I activated a Z10 on a BES10. Then, I noticed that the Drafts folder is automatically synchronizing with Exchange. The option to uncheck it on the Z10 is grayed out. I could not find an option in BDS to disable it. Is it possible ?

2) Once Z10 is activated, it create a Work and Personal zones. Pictures application exists in both zones and keeps your photos separate. I understand the logic behind it but is there a way to merge them so when I detach a photo from work email, it saves it along with all the other pictures?

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 activated on BES 10 automatically syncs Drafts folder

1. No, this is working as designed

2. No, this is working as designed, since the Work and Personal content is supposed to be separated. It's a bit of a pain, but this is how it is supposed to be.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 4167162718

Re: Z10 activated on BES 10 automatically syncs Drafts folder

Also, I foudn the following behaviour. Let's say you get an email with a picture embedded. Once you tap and hold it, select Save on the right side. The file name it suggests is incorrect and has characters after file extension. For example, it jsut came up with the following file name: image001.png@01CE23Ed.449611B.

If you quickly hit Save without modifying the file name, it'll save it but Pictures app will not detect this picture, It'll not be visible I guess because of the file name.