Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
paswag
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Z10 activesync issue

Hi

I have anew z10 on vodafone in the UK. I'm trying to get activesync working to a rackspace hosted exchange 2010 environment.

When i first set up the connection it appears ok, emails are shown, calendar is populated, but after a few minutes it all claers and mailbox shows "No entries in this view" and calendar is empty.

I can use activesync to the same backend on an iphone ok, and I can get Imap mail, but at the moment no push and no calendar sync.

Any ideas please?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Z10 activesync issue

I would contact your carrier and get support from them. They can escalate your case to BlackBerry who can probably better troubleshoot the problem than even us here or Vodafone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
ITXSolutions
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I have the same issue.  I am using Sherweb Exchange Hosted 2010 and a Z10 BB.  The activesync doesn't appear to work properly as I also notice that if I read something on the phone, a few minutes later when it sync's again it shows that it isn't read (likely due to it not showing read on the exchange server.)  It kind of appears like the BB handheld doens't have permissions to update things on the exchange server's end, and can only update the handheld with what is current on the exchange server.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ababoun
My Carrier: Bell Mobility Canada

I experience the same issue, did you find a solution with Rackspace ?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
joelshrader
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same issue and also issues with contacts using Sherweb 2010 and a Z10 on AT&T wireless. Please help BB.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paswag
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Having raised calls with BB, Rackspace & Vodafone, no one did anything it just magically started working and is now stable and pretty good. I assume the magic IT pixies got involved.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
annam
My Carrier: TELUS

Hi, I've seen this exact issue on some of our Z10s and what's helped every time was to significantly reduce the mailbox size ActiveSync needs to sync. I move unneeded folders to a PST and archive deleted items. Then I reduce the number of items in the primary sync folders by archiving unnecessary contacts and putting subfolders in Inbox, only leaving 500 or fewer messages in the actual Inbox. It might seem like overkill, but on every phone experiencing folders disappearing, overheating and rapid battery drain, a mailbox cleanup has resolved the issue. One difference is that we're on MDaemon server.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ababoun
My Carrier: Bell Mobility Canada

Officially the problem is still not solved but at least acknowledge by RIM and happen only on  big providers as they use larger infrastructure with load balancing devices.

This is not realistics for them to disable those devices only for one phone as all other activesync devices works fine.

I heard that company like F5 that do make load balancing devices do not consider this as their problem.

So i dont know if we will see the light at the end of this tunnel but it could take a while to solve as every party in the problem did not consider the problem as own.  The only workaround that really help as they said in the RIM KB is to disable the sync of Memos(Notes),

If we consider that all other devices like Androids, iPhone and even windows mobile devices are not able at all to replicate those notes without a third party. Z10 is not so bad because of that. At least it does it well in the majority of cases. Maybe the implementation of the sync of Memos is particular and at the end Microsoft will release a fix. Blackberry probably follows the rules given by Microsoft. So who's responsability if it doesn't work well. May be this is why all others did not sync them.

I'm nostalgic of by old blackberry device as it does the memos pretty well since a long time. Even with older Exchange version. There's nothing on the market now that did the sync as fast and relliable as the old Blackberry infrastructure did. It appear to me that the toy phone market  force a market change and not for the good.

Official case from RIM Ref: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33828

Please use plain text.