Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
ProfHawking
My Device: 8300>9000>9700>9900>Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Z10 & Blackberry Protect

[ Edited ]

Hello, I've enabled the blackberry protect option on my Z10 in settings, and it is hooked up to my blackberry ID.

On the https://protect.blackberry.com website I've signed in with the same blackberry ID, but it has not recognised my device. It is still showing the message (and has been for 2 days):

To add a device to this account, load the BlackBerry Protect Application onto your device from the BlackBerry AppWorld

Obviously you cant install the app as its already built in to the Z10.

The troubleshooting guide says it may be because its an enterprise phone, but its a new device and its never been hooked up to a BES server. It doesnt help any more than that.

Can anyone explain the reason it is not showing up?

Is there any way to "refresh" it and get it to look for the device again?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NJZ10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Z10 & Blackberry Protect

I had a problem getting BB Protect to work the first time.

I think a battery pull and then going back into BB Protect on the Z10 resolved it.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ProfHawking

[ Edited ]

Hmm battery pull? I thought that with QNX that was a thing of the past.

Anyway, worth a go so I tried that, but it hasnt made any difference as far as I can tell. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Did you try turning Protect off, backing out to save the settings and then turn it back on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

ProfHawking wrote:

Thorsten may have said it's no longer needed...I don't know...maybe he has someone to do that for him.

Every device needs to be rebooted now and then.  The Z10 is no different.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
ProfHawking

[ Edited ]

John_Clark wrote:
Did you try turning Protect off, backing out to save the settings and then turn it back on?

Yep, already tried that yesterday, and today.

John_Clark wrote:
Thorsten may have said it's no longer needed...I don't know...maybe he has someone to do that for him.

Hah yes probably. Only pre-pulled BBs get handed to him :smileytongue:

It makes sense though, a microkernel based system should be less likely to need a full reboot.

Anyway, we're getting distracted.

Still no device on the protect website. There are no options on there really, but one of them is to delete my protect account. Is it worth trying that? (I assume i can just recreate it again afterwards?)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bluelights
My Device: Z10

I have the same issue, i have a case open with Blackberry as i type, they have logs from my z10 and they have escalated it to level 2 as they can see an error with the phone trying to connect to protect... they said i should hear back within 48 hours.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Thanks bluelights.

ProfHawking, I'd call support and have the case escalated to BlackBerry.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ProfHawking

Yep, cheers bluelights.

I am on hold with them now, will see what they say and if I have the same issue or not.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kbalaz
My Device: Z10/Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

ProfHawking wrote:

Anyway, worth a go so I tried that, but it hasnt made any difference as far as I can tell. :smileysad:

It is a thing of the past, but people are so used to doing it they just do it. Pressing and holding the power button for 10-15 seconds will reboot the device, so no, you don't need to pull the battery anymore. Old habits I guess.

Please use plain text.