Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mutigbeere
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Z10 and Carrier Signal Strength

I don't know if this is related to the Z10 dropped calls issue, but I've noticed that my carrier signal strength jumps from full bars to (let's say) 2 bars to the big red X for no reason as my phone is just sitting there.

This may be related, but I was also making calls recently, and my phone quality (although normally awesome I must say) was essentially zero as if I were driving into a tunnel (you know, that choppy digitized sound).  In reality I was sitting across the street from one of my carriers towers.

I would welcome any ideas...I'm running OS 10.1.0.1720 official on Telus.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
domcos
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Z10 and Carrier Signal Strength

I have the same issue on Rogers and so does my Dad on MTS. We are in Manitoba. Very strange how it fluctuates constantly. Found in Toronto it was stable and on LTE with Rogers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mutigbeere
My Device: Z10

Thanks for input.  On your mention of LTE I decided to turn off my LTE radio, and the carrier strength seems rock solid.  I'm almost always at full strength, and it doesn't bounce around for no reason.  I may need to give it a couple more weeks of testing, but so far so good.  Although I don't get that great HD calling, I also don't have the same issues. 

From my standpoint, this is a definite LTE issue.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
janetnewuser
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I suspect that's true.  I will have to figure out how to turn off LTE.  Bell has that here in Victoria BC too, except that it's not really strong in Victoria -- for whatever reason.  I generally have a very poor cellular signal area here where we live, no cell phone can be used very easily, I have to go upstairs to a certain spot,  and for sure a tunnel is going to affect your signal!  I have read online that the weather, and leaves on trees which contain water, affect it, and we have an overabundance of trees here in this suburb of Victoria.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
domcos
My Device: Not Specified

I will test your theory and go to 4G / 3G. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
jegan75
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I'm from India. I have a voice and data plan from Airtel India. I had a blackberry 9220 with 2g connection which rocked, I was quite happy with that device. Ever since I upgraded my mobile to BlackBerry z10 my calls get dropped quite often and I struggle to make/ receive calls. I don't think it is my service providers signal strength issue. It must be with this mobile. Any suggestions are welcome.
Please use plain text.