Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
kolvin1
My Device: Z10 9800 Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

Z10 and Playbook

I love my Z10 and my Playbook but they don't want to play together! Bridge worked fine with my 9800, and now the folder contains only a readme file. I have successfully paired the Z10 with the PB and Bridge but apart from that I don't have my BBM or email icons etc on the Bridge folder on the PB. WHat should I do?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Z10 and Playbook

I do not believe they will currently bridge in the same way as the old phones. This may be due to the fact the Playbook needs an update in order to be able to "see" the new Hub on the phones (the last update was the middle of last year) or we may not be getting that feature. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Have you managed to tether to the z10?

I have bluetooth paired the two devices but when I go to tether from the playbook it says the blackberry z10 is not found. Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kolvin1
My Device: Z10 9800 Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin

Tethers fine...this message being sent via pb tethered to z10! BBM etc still not available in the bridge folder
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

I don't know anything about the bb bridge. Do I need that installed for the tether to work? Works instantly with nokia classic, which let's face it isn't an advanced phone let alone a smart phone. Lol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Most of the Bridge features we're accustomed to are gone. Tethering should work though.

Try installing Bridge and see if that will allow you to connect to the Internet. Your plan must allow tethering, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

Hi john,

I have bluetooth on and discoverable on both devices. Both devices are paired. A was unable to get tethering to work. It says blackberry not found... So I guess maybe,this is just for other phones as it works well with my nokia.

I have now got the bridge working and I hadn't set it up properly. It appears to do the same as tethering to my nokia but some of my mail accounts don't work. The ones not also on my z10?

If I'm in wifi range will thez10 always use wifi over 3gdoyou know?

Thanksfor the info, there's been a lotof community spirit i haveseen since I joined.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76

Just noticed that since the bridge all my emails that I had on my PlayBook have now gone and it has synced to the last 30 days along with my z10. What a bummer!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stirlings
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: vodafone

Had the same problem with my Z10 and playbook,
just connected my Playbook to my PC and theres a software update
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stirlings
My Device: Q10