Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

Re: Z10 and Playbook

How did it work before? Did you use the bridge or tethering option?

I came from nokia and it was so simple: switch on bluetooth, go to tethering option in settings on pb, select my nokia, job done, Internet access. Doing the same, and selecting my z10 it says blackberry not found.

Think I said somewhere else best way I found for connecting playbook to Internet via z10 is via the z10 wifi hotspot if you don't want your playbook mail messed up. It does the same job as bluetooth tethering my nokia.

Bridging will clear your old mail on your pb when it syncs, and if you have other accounts on the pb that are not on z10 then they won't send or receive over the bridge. Internet works fine though as expected.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there is a playbook update to come to address this, when is a good question

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

To address which aspect? Lol 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

hope you understand

when i know you will know ok?

deal?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

TGX
New Contributor
TGX
My Device: Blackberry Playbook and Z10

Am I hoping that BB fills in the gaps here and provides bridging for BBM? Also agreed my Tasks and Memo disappeared with the invention of Remember which begs the question - will Playbook have a Remember App coming soon and then a bridging between the two?

Visitor
rupert6500
My Device: Bold 9900

I recently bought the Z10 to replace my Bold 9900

I also have a Playbook with WIFI connection  When I was used with the 9900, I had many options for the Playbook when WIFI was out of reach, including bridging to BBM on the 9900

I experience difficulties with the Blackberry bridge.  The installation of the bridge software on the Z10 first gave me only a read file which was not helpful.  

The remote control does work.  I can use the bridge on my Z10 to control the Playbook

After some time and effort I also have the Blackberry Internet working on the bridge when WIFI is not available;  an internet icon now shows in the  bridge folder on the Playbook.  My solution to that probelm was to shut down the WIFI connections on my Playbook and then open the regular icon on the Playbook.  Somehow, it properly switched to the Z10 icon on the bridge with an icon now showing in the Playbook bridge folder. 

However, I still do not have BBM and other icons on my bridge folder like I was used to with the 9900.  For example, when I try to open the Playbook calendar outside of WIFI range, I get a request for a WIFI connection.  The bridge is inoperative.

Does anyone have any information ifand when  BB will expand the bridge functions fpr the \Playbook under  the new 10 system.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

As stated above hopefully a Playbook update will address the lack of Bridge options. Nobody knows when.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!