Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
stubbulon
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Z10 and the Holster

Hi Guys,

Amazing device.

I've only discovered one serious bug - one 3 separate and non related occasions, while pulling the phone out of the holster, the phone has simply rebooted. I know what you're thinking - no Im not holding down the power button. It simply reboots.

Has happened 3 times. Hardware fault ?

What to do?

S

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Z10 and the Holster

I've heard the issue reported but not experienced it myself.

The only way to get to the bottom of the issue is for users like you to contact your carrier about the issue, get the issue escalated to RIM where they can gather logs from your device. Until you do that there is no way for them to find the problem and address it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stubbulon

Thanks John. 

I'll do just that. Tonight I'm going to do my best to try and recreate the issue while I capture it on video

It's actually my wife's z10 mine has been 100perc perfect.

I'll feed back if I have success. 

Cheers 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stubbulon

Guys I think I've cracked this!

This is no bug - rather the bug is the combination of HOW I was HOLSTERING (not pulling out) and the TYPE (pictured below) of holster. 

I noticed that this holster is extremely snug around the device and therefore requires some force going in. Ive been using my index finger flush over the "lock" button to push it into the holster and I found, when pushing the device in fairly slowly actually activates the POWER OFF function (quite easily in fact)! Hence the device being OFF when I unholstered it. (not rebooting!)

Prob solved!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stubbulon

PS - Like this post if this was your problem too.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DStLouis
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 and the Holster & Device Shut down

I have the same issue.  The phone often come to shut down while putting it in the holster, which is very annoying.

See what I found on my side.

Since the holster is quite tight, as you mentioned, it requiring some strength to get it in ....And that's where it cause the phone to jump in a shut down mode.

To get the phone in, I basically hold it using 3-4 fingers ... the thumb next to the "Volume Up button" , my index finger on top (on the lock button), and my middle & ring fingers on the other side.

--> The issue is happening when you inadvertently press the "lock button" & the "volume UP" button together while sliding the device in the holster, this automatically put the device in an irreversible shut down mode, event if keys are just quickly pressed together.
You could try sliding the phone in by pressing both keys, and then sliding it out.   You will see that the count down is still on going event when key are depressed.

BLACKBERRY Team,
Could you work on that annoying issue please. It is quite frustrating to found your phone Off when you believe its ON.
Worse, when this append, some time I can't event boot it back, and must do a battery pull out to get it back ON.

Also...

When pulling out the device (when obviously not shut down) since it automatically unlock the device, It is common that I inadvertently open an apps or make a phone call while picking up the phone.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stubbulon

I found that "softening" the holster case (by working it a bit with my hand) helped a lot as the phone now does not require as much force to get in and out. I've not had any more issues since doing it. Give it a try!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jeremy_
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

I have the same issue.

My Z10 reboots when I have it in my pocket, because the reboot button is sometimes pressed when I am sitted or else.

Blackberry Team, can you stop the reboot function when the Z10 is in its holster ? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DStLouis
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

This issue is presently fixed with the OS update 10.0.10.85

Thanks BlackBerry :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jeremy_
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

I have the version 10.0.10.90, and I still have the same problem.
Please use plain text.