Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
DStLouis
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 and the Holster

Jeremy I did retried and retried in different ways.. but no longer get any more issues, even when re trying exactly what I was doing before (see previous post above).

Also my understanding is that the OS 10.10.0.90 is not necessarily a more complete release but most likely issued for a different carrier. Where I would be surprised that this fix is not included in your updated OS. Or maybe that is a different issue that I haven't get yet.

The only way I get it to shut down is to maintain the Lock button for longer then 3 sec.. which is a normal situation do

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jeremy_
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

Why is there a difference between the carriers? I still have the same problem. Can you try to press the lock button during 10s and with your Z10 in your holster?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DStLouis
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Jeremy I did tryed it with my OS version and it did the same.

This is a different issue, this makes this phone to REBOOT, which is somehow less annoying then a SHUT DOWN we were were having previously.

But 10 seconds is quite long..  I'm wondering how you could inadvertently hold that bottom for 10 seconds.

This never append to me. Note that I'm always wearing it sideways on my belt, which certainly does help.

Now who want to reboot a device in a holster?!?  should say no one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jeremy_

This often appends to me, because I have the Z10 in my pocket, and when you are seated, the button could inadvertently hold bottom for 10s.
The problem is similar to shut down, because, despite of the reboot, you need to unlock the SIM card to receive calls.
The solution may be wearing the Z10 sideways on a belt, but it is not convenient for people like me who has his Z10 in his pocket!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jeremy_

Re: Z10 and the Holster & Device Shut down

This issue is still present with the OS 10.2.1.537.

Will this issue have a solution in the future ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 and the Holster & Device Shut down

I do have my Z10 in my pocket at work and it never rebooted once.

I used to have the phone in a horizontal belt holster but I was worried that I my hit it into something at work, so I put the phone in my pocket. I don`t know if this makes a difference, but I put the phone in my pocket with the power button first. I found this way to be easier to answer the phone when you take it out of the pocket

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It still only takes 3 seconds of holding the button to shut it down. Another one second hold will start it up again. This isn't likely to change with an OS update. It happens in my pocket with certain pairs of jeans. Others it doesn't.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.