Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
NikkiB50
My Device: BlackberryZ10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Z10 app downloads issue

I am trying to download some games to my Blackberry z10.  It says they are "downloading" but it has been saying this for 4 days. They are not visible on screen and nothing much seems to be happening.  What have I done wrong?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 app downloads issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please clarify -- exactly how are you attempting these downloads? BBWorld? Browser? Some other means?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NikkiB50

I was trying to do it on myphone through Blackberry World.  It just says it is downloading but nothing is appearing. If I click on the app again, it says I am already downloading the game but they are not appearing on my phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache.

• KB24714 How to clear cache for BlackBerry World on BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NikkiB50

I tried to follow the instructions but they didn't relate to what I was seeing on my phone, ie there is no Refresh Blackberry World action.  I have tried other ways of clearing the cache and the app still says "you are already downloading this app" but nothing appears.  Can you help any further?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What version of BBWorld are you running? With BB10, there was an update (sorry, I can't recall exactly what versions) where the method specified in the KB was added. With older BB10 versions of BBWorld, the method was trickier -- display the BBWorld version number from within BBWorld itself, tap on the version number (you will not see anything happen, but do it anyway, and do it only once!), then back out of BBWorld completely and shut it down, then relaunch BBWorld.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NikkiB50

Sorry, no idea which version I am running.  But I have tried the thing where you click on the version, go back, shut it down and open it again and it is still not working. It still says "you are already downloading this app".  I did also clear the cookies from the browser but that hasn't helped either.  HELP!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NikkiB50

I don't know if it makes a difference, but when I go into the System Settings then into BlackBerry ID, the screen is blank.  But I know I have a BlackBerry ID and it is working. I logged on via the internet to check it.  Does this affect downloading?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

NikkiB50 wrote:

Sorry, no idea which version I am running.  But I have tried the thing where you click on the version, go back, shut it down and open it again and it is still not working.

Well, that is quite confusing. If you could not see the BBWorld version number, then how on earth did you manage to click on it?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

NikkiB50 wrote:

I don't know if it makes a difference, but when I go into the System Settings then into BlackBerry ID, the screen is blank.  But I know I have a BlackBerry ID and it is working. I logged on via the internet to check it.  Does this affect downloading?

Absolutely yes. Your BB must be properly associated to your BBID in order to use many services, including BBWorld. That screen should not be blank on your device.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.