Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bhaveshladwa
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Z10 - blank screen + led flashing red

On connecting my new Z10 with BBlink, was given a an option for available upgrades. On upgrading the screen went blank and LED flashes red - 3 short 2 long - blank and starts the sequence again. Am unable to restore, restart or anything. Help wanted please email. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 - blank screen + led flashing red

After the upgrade, it is not booting up. Pull the battery out for 2 minutes and pop it back in, it should start to load the new update, it does take a while to pass the blackberry logo and then the loading page.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bhaveshladwa
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks Arsen, but that did not help. I spent all the tricks up my sleeve but to no avail.   I think the problem stems from inadequate compatiblity between BB / RIM and MAC's. So stick to PC's for any restore and upgardes for BB's. I Nevertheless to cut a long story short, the solution is to download, using a PC, the new software from the BB developer site here: and follow the simple instructions. It took all of 20 minutes to sort out.

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html

Good luck to all. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Glad, that you were able to resolve the problem, Hopefully future releases of the BB link would work better with Mac's..

Please use plain text.