Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Zouyu
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Z10 browser not responding

Z10 STL100-3 v10.0.10.85
The steps to reproduce it on your handset.
1. Start browser
2. Open a web page, say http://supportforum.blackberry.com
3. Wipe the touch screen with your palm
4. Now it's unlikely you can click any links

Actually I found it happen in other apps, if I swiped touch screen with my palm, apps stopped to response any clicks on screen.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 browser not responding

Interesting bug, and easily repeatable.. still, not sure why you are wiping the HH with your palm.. or maybe we don't want to know. :smileywink: jk! :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

What other apps have you noticed this happening in?

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zouyu

To wipe off dust of course, or polishing the screen like crazy. :-)
You can try it with TuneIn Radio, those controlled button no longer works once you wiped the screen with your palm, the only option left is to stop it and run it again.
It looks more like a touch screen driver problem which failed to handle exception very well.
What's your point?
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Zouyu wrote:
To wipe off dust of course, or polishing the screen like crazy. :-)
You can try it with TuneIn Radio, those controlled button no longer works once you wiped the screen with your palm, the only option left is to stop it and run it again.
It looks more like a touch screen driver problem which failed to handle exception very well.
What's your point?
Thanks.

I generally wipe the phone with a microfibre cloth, or my pants if I don't have one with me, and haven't noticed it before, using the palm of my hand most times would make the screen worse than dusty. :smileywink: I'll check this with the MF cloth once the 20 hour backup that is currently running is finally completed. :smileyvery-happy:

Simply wanted to know what other apps it was noticed in so that I could pass it along.

I agree about the drivers problem, I think that the multi-touch sensor are simply being overwhelmed and that they just overload or similar issue.

The rest of my post was a joke, indicated by the smileys and the "jk" (stands for "jusk kidding"), so don't get too worked up about it. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zouyu

Drew, thanks for the reply.
The other app I've encountered this problem was TuneIn Radio, those controlled buttons stopped working after I wiped the screen with my palm.
Have a great day.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zouyu

Globe and Mail app for BB10 v2.6.0.5472 is affected by this issue as well.
Please use plain text.