Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Joolone
My Device: Storm 2 9250

Z10 calendar entries can't be deleted

On getting my Z10 I performed a device swop using Blackberry Link from from Blackberry 9860 running OS 7.1.

It was a virtual failure, only copying a few pieces of data, no contacts at all and only a few calendar entries, which were from 2011. On my Z10 I delete these old entries, some of which are recurring ones, only to find that when I restart my phone they all return. I have tried battery pulls and editing them so they no longer are recurring entries but nothing works. I start the phone in the morning and they all return.

Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 calendar entries can't be deleted

Hey Joolone,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are these calendar entries synchronized with any email accounts?  Like Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail?

If they are, I would suggest turning off Wireless synchronization and then remove the calendar entries and test. 

Go to Setting>Accounts and delete the calendar account.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Joolone
My Device: Storm 2 9250

My calendar entries are not linked with any account. On my old phone I was linked with Microsoft Outlook. But now I have a new pc and have no data on outlook and am led to believe Z10 can't link with this anyway.
Please use plain text.
Developer
supraking
My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same problem and have been unable to solve it.

We have a Google Apps account for work. My email, calendar, and contacts sync up without any issues. However, there are old calendar entries that are now popping up in my calendar (because they are recurring) and I cannot delete them. They do NOT appear in my Google Calendar (when signing in using my desktop browser). I have tried pressing "accept" and then "decline" (because only "accept" was an option to begin with) and they disappear for a while, but then they come back.

Some help would be appreciated. This is crippling my productivity as I have to now remember which entries are current and which are not, on an ongoing basis. I receive several notifications per day for events that are not current.

Thank you!

Please use plain text.