Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
DevAlpha
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Z10 - camera not starting + battery drain = glitch or something larger ?

Heyall,

I have the Z10 for the past 6 months eagerly awaiting an opportunity to upgrade my Bold 3 to an all touch and all new BB10 platform with the Z10. I flew past Dubai where the Z10 costed INR 39000 but resisted the temptation due to fears of warranty issues. Landed in Delhi and was fortunate enough to but it for INR 44000 (only 2 weeks ago, and not the official price has dropped to INR 39000) - BLAH - feels like a 2 week premium really not worth it.

However, the main issue here is that off the 2 weeks that i have owned the Z10, atleasst 10 days the camera just wouldnt start - just get a black screen with an annoying message - 'cannot start camera'  i shut off all other aspps, restarted, battery pulls, security wipe, almost everything...but nothing started up the camera. Also the videos i took from this phone wouldnt play. Now this is the worst - i went for a week long holdiday (without a camera) and pulled out my Z10 almost boasting it - and the camera wouldnt start - just when i needed it more than oxygen - the result - only memories and no pictures to live by !!

Finally and truely saddened, i gave in my Z10 today to the Blackberry service center in New Delhi - they took 2 days to check it and reported its something serious and needs to be shipped to Bangalore and should take 10 days to return.

Now it really hurts - the 2 week premium !

To add to this dream start gone bad, comes the battery - just drains - with an overnight full charge - with nearly no usage - no wifi - 2 short calls - no gaming - certainly no camera (would start by defalut) and no video playback - the wonder battery dies in under 3 hours - the battery sign on the screen just dropped every 10 minutes until it blanked out!

Do the 'cannot start camera' and the battery drain issues sound familiar to anyone using the Z10 ?

So are these just teething glitches of just some bad R&D that missed looking at these critical things?

(Been a BB loyalist for some years now, but i've got to say the iPhone in this arena is truely a glitch-free phone (atleast with no third party apps).I guess their R&D is in place.

Quite a let down Blackberry - price drop in 10 days - camera doesnt start for a week long holiday - battery drains - Could this get any worse ???

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 - camera not starting + battery drain = glitch or something larger ?

Do you have the device back now?

What is the OS release installed on the device?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DevAlpha

Not yet - hopefully back in a week - OS was 10.0.10.82 - it said its the latest (but i do understand that 10.0.10.85 is the latest)

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

.82 and .85 are basically the same, just different radio files pertaining to specific mobile providers.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DevAlpha

Not that it helps the camera from starting up...nor the battery life!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DevAlpha

Here's the message I received today from Blackberry: Dear Customer, Your product under service request number 8001014953 required to be sent to high level repairs. The updated status will be informed to you within seven working days. Regards, BlackBerry Service Team
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shobande
My Carrier: EE

If you are still having the camera issue.  Take out your SD card.  a corrput or faultly SD card will mess up the camera.  I had three z10 changed before I realised it was the SD card.

Please use plain text.