Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
stumcqueen
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Z10 can't see my home wifi

Ilamano

It seems to be completely hit and miss at the moment as to when my Z10 connects to my home wifi, one day it sees it and connects the next it can't see it and nothing.

Yet when I get to work it see's the office wifi every time.

Have a couple of theories one is the protocol the router is running as it seems to see 802.11n routers all the time but then chooses not to see the 802.11g routers (like my home one) when it feels like it.

Also wondering what effect the 4G network is having on it as well, i pcik up the 4G network at home in some parts of my house but then lose it. It seems to change its mind on what it can see while its changing networks. Have tried isolating it to 2g and 3g to see if that had any impact but guess what, no it didn't.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stumcqueen
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: EE

Oh and don't bother with the technical support email or twitter with RIM/Blackberry they are about as much use a chocolate teapot on the subject.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brhodgins
My Device: 8900, 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Myself as well, only I cannot see one of my WAP "N" SSIDs even though it is broadcasting. My 9780 can see it fine. I tried using WPS, and it connected to the missing network. Today when I came to work it didn't automatically connect to wifi. Again missing from network list, but it is in the "saved networks" list. Selecting it and entering my password gives me "authentication timed out".

WAP is TPLink Wireless N Access Point WA901N

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

I have the same issue but only with my virgin super hub. And this happened after the last OS update this friday. Before I didn't have any problems. I have TWO wifi networks at home, one VIRGIN and one BT. I am connected to the BT, no problem, and the phones sees all the other networks in the building except my superhub, which is on channel 12. All my other devices, IPAD PLAYBOOK and two laptops all see the superhub. Weird 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

Ok I figured it out! It is the channel setting, I set it to 7, now my Z10 can see it, but the problem is that everyone in this building uses Virgin, and the default settings is around channel 7 I think, and the superhub has problems because of that

Please use plain text.
Contributor
davmail
My Device: Blackberry Z10 pile of poo

I have this same issue on my z10,it will connect everywhere except at my workplace,it does not even 'see' the network,over 60 people work in this building with various laptops,mobiles,tablets etc and they can ALL connect,I can't!!!!!THis dam phone will not....i have called vodafone and Blackberry,both useless at helping,they want me to pay $49 to help,outrageous.......not very good.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I can't see my WIFI at home. Only the one which is on netgear router running in channel 12 or 13. Sometimes I am able to see it but then it disappears for some reason. I have a BT hub as well which works super fine. I think the issue is with the channels or netgear routers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ratihchrist
My Device: BB Z10 - STL100-1 !0.1.0.273
My Carrier: Telkomsel Indonesia

I am experiencing the very same trouble and it's killing me! It happened only at home.

Still don't know what to do.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kensilk
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: telus

Try renaming your SSID. I went into my router and renamed it and my Z10 found it after that. Maybe itll work for you?

Please use plain text.
ramponin
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

hi stumcqueen,

where you able to get your z10 connect to your home wifi? if not, let me know and I maybe able to assist.
Please use plain text.