Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: )2

Re: Z10 cannot mount volumes

thanks baldy, just so I understand:

and change the username in the button "Identification on Network" to the username on my computer - what is this please?
change WORKGROUP to the name of your computer's workgroup - where would I find this please?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
baldy
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

So to clarify,

...and change the username in the button "Identification on Network" to the username on my computer
You would type in the "user" that you use to login to your computer.. So Administrator, or your name, or whatever your account is called on your PC

change WORKGROUP to the name of your computer's workgroup - where would I find this please?

Start>> Control panel >>>System Your workgroup name will be there
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

Many thanks, so I've tried this without joy and also battery pull. I also plugged the z10 into a friend's laptop. The blackberry driver did not install nor did device manager. I've had enough - back to O2 tomorrow to swap out the z10 and start again. I'm assuming the device is faulty now but any other feedback welcome...I'll report on how I get on and thanks to all who have posted...so far! Chris
Please use plain text.
Wednesdaa
My Carrier: Rogers

I had the same issue with my Playbook, but can't remember the solution :No:

Following instructions above, I just put my device to Airplane mode and connected by USB.  Success!  I'll hunt around for what I did with the Playbook and if I find it I'll post....

Geoff

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

Hi, my IP address is 192.168.1.37, do you know any reason why the last digit is so high? Still cannot see z10 on laptop and have exchanged the z10 today without joy, thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
indy2718
My Carrier: Telus

That IP is probably what the wireless router in your home/office assigned to the device.

Try what was done before:

turn on airplane mode (turns off all wireless connections)

install Blackberry Link software if not already

connect the Z10 to the computer using USB (while the computer is on)

should see a new mount (Z: or something)

If you go control panel -> network and sharing center -> view network status and tasks -> change adapter settings (on left side).   you should see the 2 blackberry connections and they should be enabled.  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Desktop manager does not work with Z10.

Install the new Blackberry Link. (keep desktop manager for the PB until it gets an OS upgrade)

The Z10 media card and internal storage mount as drives either via USB or wireless.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
strictlyonlinebiz
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

[ Edited ]

This worked just fine for me. I hope they find a solution to this mess soon enough. Now copying my backup files to the Z10 though the speed ain't fantastic at all. 1.85MB/seconds

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Publisher
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have had the same problem with my Z10 - established that it was actually my Bullguard AV/Firewall that was the problem; once I turned this off, the phone's immediately recognised as a volume and correctly mounted (along with any SD card). HTH
Please use plain text.
Visitor
davidc92
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

regarding indy's post 

"

turn on airplane mode (turns off all wireless connections)

install Blackberry Link software if not already

connect the Z10 to the computer using USB (while the computer is on)

should see a new mount (Z: or something)

If you go control panel -> network and sharing center -> view network status and tasks -> change adapter settings (on left side).   you should see the 2 blackberry connections and they should be enabled.  "

I tried this and all the other suggestions on the thread. Still no luck getting the volume accessed. Under Blackberry device manager properties i can see under connected devices tab that Blackberry is there, with time connected and the ipv4 address. When i bring up volumes i see internal-volume not mounted.

Aswell as going into Link i always get a yellow triangle exclamation saying connection issue.

All my firewalls are off. Windows is updated., Blackberry is updated. Link is updated.

The control panel network sharing status and tasks from above does show 2 BB connections both are enabled.

Local area connection 3 - blackberry device - enabled

Local area connection 4 - blackberry virtual private network - enabled.

Any ideas? Thanks

Please use plain text.