Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: )2

Z10 cannot mount volumes

New connection but z10 not recognised and mount volumes does not work. Play book threads suggest top/ip not running but mine is windows 7, any simple help appreciated Chris
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Z10 cannot mount volumes

what settings have you activated on your Z10?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

In what sense settings?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scottdeagan
My Device: Z10 • Z30 • PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 Network UK

[ Edited ]

Hi CHRISPCHRIS,

I'm quite new to BB10, but have found that if you go into SETTINGS and then STORAGE AND ACCESS, there's an option near the bottom called USB MASS STORAGE. However, when I turn this on, it only mounts the MicroSD card, not the internal storage (perhaps if you only have internal storage, it will mount it - worth a shot).

I have Blackberry Desktop software installed for my PlayBook on Windows. This comes with another program called "Blackberry Device Manager". BB Device Manager works for me - I can mount both the internal and SDCard without having to switch to "USB Mass Storage" mode within settings. All I have to do is right-click on "Internal" or "Removable" and select "Mount".

Here's a screen shot:

Blackberry Device Manager

I haven't installed this yet, but you may also want to try "Blackberry Link" - http://uk.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html, perhaps that will come with something similar to Blackberry Device Manager.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Xandrex wrote:
what settings have you activated on your Z10?
  • home screen >> swipe down >> settings >> storage and access
  • access using Wi-Fi = ON
  • then change the password
  • and change the username in the button "Identification on Network"
  • once that is done, go back,
  • then "network connections"
  • then Wi-Fi >> advanced >>> Internet connection
  • now you can read your IP address (probably something like 192.168.0.NN with NN being a small number (smaller than 20).
  • once all that is setup, using windows, open the Explorer, and in the URL type \\192.168.0.NN

This should bring you three mounts :

• certs
  • media
  • removable_SDCARD

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

Many thanks, I can use blackberry device manager but it says volumes not mounted and when I try mount volumes I get error message. Blackberry link is installed but I get connection errors with the Z10, thanks again
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

Thanks Xandrex, followed the instructions but IP address is 192.168.1.34 with no NN and cannot find this IP address when searching via explorer. But going through the steps prompted device software reinstall on the z10 which hung at 13% complete. Also getting on pc periodic black screen command prompt message which says there was an error deleting c:/ program data\research in motion\tunnel manager\ rim tun....bugs unknown arg ' embedding' no idea what's going on here, any more help appreciated. My suspicion is that when I first connected the z10 the blackberry desktop software kept starting and I had to deinstalled it.. Thanks chris
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

uninstall BlackBerry Device Services and then plug in Z10 and wait for about 5 min to install drivers

I did this on my 64 bit 7 os

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

Sorry what is device services? Do you mean device manager? If so tried that and it keeps trying to initialise volumes. Also where would drivers be? If on z10 then no good as cannot access that...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
CHRISPCHRIS

Still cannot get z10 recognised, any suggestions for sorting this out please?
Please use plain text.