Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Z10 challenge getting email copies on my Outlook

I just migrated from the BB Torch and the BB Desktop sync software to the Z10 and BB Link Software. With the Torch and Desktop software, I was able to control all emails and make changes on the fly using the Desktop app - bc, cc's to other email addresses, change signatures, and migrating to new devices an moving all emails in one fell swoop.  Most importantly, any time I sent an email (original or reply) from my Torch, a copy would be automatically sent to my Outlook email system so I always had a copy there as set up in the Desktop app.  Neither the Z10 email devivce set up nor the Link app (as best as I can determine) permits any copies from the Z10 device to be sent to Outlook so I need to physically forward any emails sent on my Z10 to myself to receive a copy on my Outlook. Does anyone have a soliution to this dilemma. Thanx. David.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Z10 challenge getting email copies on my Outlook

Hello ddunlap92, 

Welcome to the forums. 

What type of email account is this? Is the email account setup in Outlook as POP or IMAP or some other protocol? 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Sorry for my limited knowledge but I believe I have a combination of both POP and MAPI (Google Apps) for the 4-5 various email accounts.  Hope this helps an thanks for your prompt reply.  David

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30 10.2.1.2991; PlayBook 64 GB OS 2.1.0.1753
My Carrier: VZW USA

Did you ever find a solution to this?

OS 7 et al worked through BIS which no longer exist on BB10 as I understand it. (And that's where this took place.)

So far all I can tell to do is send a c: to myself.

Also have the dilemma that if you delete an email on the device, it deletes that email from the email server and doesn't allow deleting from the device only as older devices did.

We're all out here together...
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

C_McD wrote:

Also have the dilemma that if you delete an email on the device, it deletes that email from the email server and doesn't allow deleting from the device only as older devices did.

The reason why it does not allow you to delete on the device only, it is because there is no email message(s) on the device itself, the device is only showing you what is on the server, and it is also working on the server itself. For that reason it can not delete on the device because there is nothing on the device (except for the cache, which from my understanding is being flush as soon as you close the message).

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin