Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: T Mobile

Z10 contacts not loading into BMW 530 (2006 model) using Bluetooth

Just purchased Z10.  Bluetooth pairs it with BMW 530 but does not import Contacts (ergo, cannot use voice commands for calling out).  Other BB support forums say problem is solved using BES and BB Balance, but BES is for businesses, not private individuals.  Some people have noted that there's no solution for personal users without BES other than dumping the phone and going over to a Samsung device (for which this is not an issue).  Is this true?  Is there no fix for this problem (which seems to stem from the fact that the default on Contacts of "no sharing" cannot be switched off)?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 contacts not loading into BMW 530 (2006 model) using Bluetooth

Hey BerryBird,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you know if the the vehicle requires SIM Access Profile Bluetooth services?  If it does, currently the BlackBerry Z10 does not have this Bluetooth services.  Have you tried connecting the BlackBerry Z10 to another Bluetooth accessory?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: T Mobile

Re: Z10 contacts not loading into BMW 530 (2006 model) using Bluetooth

I don't know if the vehicle requires SIM Access Profile.  However, others are experiencing the same problem with their older BMW's.  See

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Transfer-of-PhoneBook-to-BMW-via-Bluetooth/td-...

I have tried connecting my Z10 to my MacPro.  On my MacPro I run Window7 through Bootcamp.  My computer tells me that the Z10 is connected, but that I do not have the proper Bluetooth driver (hence, the bluetooth doesn't work).  I suspect this is a different problem from the one with the BMW.  fyi, I encountered the same driver problem on my computer with my BB9900.  However, the BB9900 did fine in my BMW.