Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
brass289
My Device: z10

Z10 disables WiFi connection

[ Edited ]

Why hasn't Blackberry removed this function from the latest firmware update for the Z10?

This has to be the one of the worst design ideas of any software for a mobile device. It's bad enough that they put it in the playbook but now they have repeated the problem with the Z/Q10. Come on Blackberry, it's a mobile device, there are going to be times when it is moved to an area on the fringe of a good signal.

In my office the wifi source just on the fringe of the reception ability of my Z10 and playbook that I use for work, because the signal is less than ideal, both devices constantly disable that connection.

Interestingly, my laptop and personal android phone both have no trouble at all with the signal even though they are in the same room accessing the same signal.

It might not be so noticeable if I didn't have to constantly enable the connections in both devices. What purpose does it serve to disable the connection in the first place?

Blackberry, If you're listening, remove that stupid function of disabling a WiFi connection when the signal is weak or intermittent. That feature has lost me as a user.

I'm fed up and going out today to replace both devices with androids.

Goodbye Blackberry, you've lost me your connection with me.

Please use plain text.