Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Du

Z10 du.blackberr.com email setup

How can I setup by du.blackberr.com? I have tried to do so but my blackberryId is same as my email and I am not able to do so. Any help will be appreciated.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 du.blackberr.com email setup

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

"Hosted" email accounts (e.g., @carrier, @bb, etc.) are solely a service of BIS. BIS does not exist for BB10, and so those email accounts are not accessible via the BB10 device. But, this workaround has been provided:

• KB33260 BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply. My question is what will happen after 1 year when forwarding is not active any more?

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

At that point, the email address will become invalid. So, you've got a year to get things migrated off of that address and onto things that can be otherwise accessed.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

What is the value of the xxx@du.blackberry.com, I can just forward the company email to gmail.

thank you

Hall of Famer II

Truthfully, I never saw any value whatsoever in any of the hosted email addresses...but, others did, and they existed, so some chose to use them.

But you've discovered the exact point -- anything that you have delivering email, either directly of via a forwarder, to that hosted email address needs to be adjusted so that you can abandon that hosted email account. And, if you need time to do that, you have one year of forwarding while that hosted email remains valid.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates