Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
auto2710
My Device: Z10

Z10 email 30 day limit

Hi everyone

I apologise in advance for posting this topic since I know there have been many similar topics posted since the launch of the Z10.

Like many others I am a long time user of Blackberry's for no other reason than the way they handle emails.

However, as I'm sure we are all aware now, this has changed with the new breed of phone, and not for the better.

This, quite frankly idiotic, 30 day limit for the retention of emails is unworkable.

I have seen numerous suggestions online on how to change this limit to 90 days but even if this could be made to work, it is not good enough.

Previously I have had many different Blackberry handsets and each one of them held my emails until I deleted them.

I have had conversations with my provider and they have suggested that 30 days is ok because if I need to look back further then I can log on to my email account but unfortunately I work in parts of the world where internet access is not readily available but I often need my emails as a reference.

There are forum topics mentioning ActiveSync and the possibility of retaining emails on the Z10 "forever" but again my service provider tells me this is not possible.

Could somebody please help me with this because my shiny Z10 is currently sat in a drawer, unused and very much unloved  while I have gone back to using my 9800!

Thanks in advance

Darren

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 email 30 day limit

Please start with...
From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

Secondly, what type email accounts, POP, IMAP, exchange or what?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

As jsanders says, please provide your os version and email account typea. It appears you may be on old os?
we have been able to change date from 30 days to 'forever' for some time now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
New Contributor
auto2710

Thanks to you both for your very quick responses. I don't have the phone with me right now, it's at home in my top drawer :-( I'll pass on the OS information as soon as I get home from work but I'm quite sure it will be the original since I only tried it for a few days when I first got it about 4 months ago. As for email account type I am only using hotmail/outlook at present. Thanks again, your help really is very much appreciated.
JSanders

You need to update your OS to the latest available OS.

According to the account type, you should be given a 30 day or foreever time frame.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1

Also be aware that there appear to be some cross platform, cross carrier, Hotmail issues at mo. My Hotmail.com has been playing up since Friday a week ago... so if all your mail disappears it may not be BlackBerry's fault. just to pre warn you. Looks like something to do with the m.hotmail server.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
New Contributor
auto2710

The OS version is 10.0.10.90 and email is hotmail.com and hotmail.co.uk.

I have to say that I'm surprised BB and emails are suffering so many problems.

Is it possible to rectify these issues?

JSanders

Yes, upgrade your device to the most recent OS of 10.1.0.4xxx and you should have more options.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
auto2710

Mr Sanders Sir, it appears you may have directed me to the correct solution and rectified my problems.

I am now going to transfer all the data I require and run with it for few days.

I will report back to, hopefully, let you know all is well and then "like" you and post as resolved.

For now though, thank you very much.

Darren

New Contributor
auto2710

Too good to be true? Perhaps.

Although I can view emails from months, even years ago, there seem to random "pockets" of emails which are missing.

I have discovered periods of up to 3 months where the emails have not loaded to the phone.

I am persevering with it at the moment.