Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jeffpgh59
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Z10 email issues with Groupwise

Hi - I have had the Z10 for a few weeks.  Overall like it - a few things aren't easy to find.  On the old BB you had an area in email options that read "reconcile" where you could make sure if you delete something from your handheld, it would go out of your Groupwise mail on your computer too.  I can't find this anywhere with the Z10 - anyone know how to get it to sync?

Also, have had issues when I respond to friends on handheld - write the message and hit send and they get the header from me but nothing in the email - it is blank.  This happens frequently.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Z10 email issues with Groupwise

jeffpgh59 wrote:

Hi - I have had the Z10 for a few weeks.  Overall like it - a few things aren't easy to find.  On the old BB you had an area in email options that read "reconcile" where you could make sure if you delete something from your handheld, it would go out of your Groupwise mail on your computer too.  I can't find this anywhere with the Z10 - anyone know how to get it to sync?

It should reconcile by default, there is nothing to change on current OS, maybe with 10.1 whcihc is coming soon

Also, have had issues when I respond to friends on handheld - write the message and hit send and they get the header from me but nothing in the email - it is blank.  This happens frequently.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwguruman

Upgrade your GW GWIA gateway to fix the blank email message body from the Z10.

There is a updated GW Data Synchronizer coming out very soon, May 2013, to add support for the Z10.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwguruman

The Novell GroupWise Data Synchronizer Mobility Pack 1.2.5.299 has been re-released today in the Patch Finder with Z10 fixes and few other bug fixes
(http://download.novell.com/patch/finder/)

http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=rc8KBOIGet8~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeffpgh59

Thanks, just fyi we downloaded the patch and it still doesn't reconcile. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwguruman

Can you explain some more about this "reconcile" concept that is not working?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeffpgh59

Yes it used to be with my BB that when I deleted something on the BB - then I went to my Groupwise mailbox on my desktop - the email would also be deleted from the desktop.  On the BB it had some area that you went to that said "when deleting on handheld" and then you would choose whether you wanted the BB or the standard mailbox on your computer to win out.  I always chose the BB because that is where I do many of my emails when I am traveling or after hours.  So I don't want to have things deleted on my BB after I deal with them still showing in my Groupwise on my Computer.  If that is the case, I have to go and delete them all again.

Simply put - I want the BB and the Desktop to mirror one another. I delete from one - it deletes from the other.  Make sense?  Right now I don't see anything about reconciliation on the BB nor in any of the manuals.  Someone told me it is now automatic - not so much. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gwguruman

I think this "reconciliation" simply no longer exists in the same way it did before on the BB old devices.
So when you delete today with the Z10 using our Data Sync Mobility Pack solution, it should delete in both places all the time.

However we know that BB found a delete issue with ActiveSync 2.5 (which our DS Mobility Pack uses today, soon to be AS v12 then v14) which they fixed already which will be available in an OS update planned for July 2013

If that is not the issue, then you should open a support call with BB so they can investigate.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jeffpgh59

OK - thanks.  I will open a trouble ticket.  My issue isn't once deleted - my issue is it never goes away.  It just stays in my mailbox. 

Please use plain text.