Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T mobile

Z10 email

HELP!! recently bought a Z10 but I'm 5 days in without any email. I have been told that the Z10 doesnt support an owa email account?? surely this cant be correct.

I'm about to send it back and becoem a drone of the I phone world if this cant be fixed.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Directly, what you are told is correct...BB10 cannot integrate an OWA account. But, there is a simple fix:

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address on BlackBerry smartphone

At the bottom of that...ActiveSync can easily be enabled on the OWA server, which will allow the BB10 to integrate the account.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

brilliant and thank you.

just had a call from T mobile basically saying the same but its taken them 6 days.

finally got a guy who knew what he was doing and we are know on the right track.

thanks

Hall of Famer II

You are welcome.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

finally got my Z10 sorted and its been fine for a week but now the screen has stopped working? has anyone else had a similar issue. it hasnt been dropped, I've tried the usual things of taking the back off but looks like the phone is a complete dog and defiantely not as good as has been advertised.

any ideas

Hall of Famer II

Please add details...is it running, but the screen is simply not on? And you took the back off, but did you remove and re-insert the battery? Have you put it on a charger for at least 2 hours without touching it?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates

phone was charged overnight via a mains charger.

screen was on and messages and calls coming in but I had no way of accessing them.

I have taken the back off, battery out and also removed the sim card. put it all back togetehr and now seems to work.

not overly impressed and wished I'd stayed with the old still blackberry as it never failed.

thanks

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II

I have never known any BB that did not, from time to time, require a reboot. BB's are computers, suffering from the same things that computers suffer from (e.g., memory leaks)...and reboots clear many things up, just like they do with other types of computers.

I'm actually in the midst of very controlled testing of my Z10 regarding how long it can go before needing a reboot. At present, it's averaging about 9 days before battery life, connectivity, and other things start to go crazy. All in all, pretty good IMHO.

I recall one model (the 9530) that require rebooting no less frequently than every 24 hours...and that led to the development of apps (e.g., QuickPull) to actually automate that process and schedule it at a time when the user was sleeping.

In any event, I'm glad you got going again.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates