Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
pwandres
My Device: Z10

Re: Z10 encoding issue in outgoing email

I have the same issue as well and this needs to be fixed! I have an iCloud.account and emails arrive garbled at recipient. My email with outlook.com seem to have no issues. After the last OS update on the Z10 I encrypted the phone since this was now an option. I am wondering whether the issue has anything to do so it.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

I don't think that would have anything to do with it.
New Contributor
pwandres

what is your opinion on the issue? My emails worked just fine in the beginning. It was only after the OS update that I started to have problems. I also thought that it could have something to do with the apps I installed and i ended up removing all non native apps
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Call your carrier and report the issue to their blackberry support team, it is a known issue and the more people that report in... the sooner it will be fixed. make sure you get a support incident number. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
OmniT
My Device: 9650

pwandres wrote:
what is your opinion on the issue? My emails worked just fine in the beginning. It was only after the OS update that I started to have problems. I also thought that it could have something to do with the apps I installed and i ended up removing all non native apps

Please see this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-encoding-issue-in-outgoing-email/m-p/22321...

New Contributor
Jean-Louis
My Device: z10

I called my carrier (Telus in Quebec) about that problem and they are telling that RIM is going to release a firmware update very very soon mostly to resolve issues about email problems.

New Contributor
Ranchie

I seem to have managed to fix the issue, at least it's worked with my iCloud account anyway! The auto set up feature seemed to set the SMTP server to use StartTLS encryption when Apple have confirmed that the accounts use SLS for both IMAP and SMTP. If you're having this issue then I suggest that you search online for your email providers correct SMTP details and then make sure what's been set up does match, be warned though, if you swap from TLS to SLS it does change the port number so you may have to change the port number back manually
Contributor
chiphazmaj

Any word yet?
Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS
Contributor
OmniT
My Device: 9650

I know of at least one case where a person suffering from this issue had the problem resolved after their carrier in Singapore released the following update:

Software Release: 10.0.10.99

OS Version: 10.0.10.738

Others using Software Release 10.0.10.99 report that their device still has SMTP issues, but I believe different carriers can have different "Software bundles" that have the same Software Release version number.

Still waiting more news from users to confirm.

Also some rumors from people who have spoken to Blackberry that the company has released fixes and the deployment of those fixes is now up to carriers. Can't verify that yet.

New Contributor
ottjim
My Device: Z10 / Playbook 32G

Same problem here - from what I can determine, the problem seems to have started after software update. Service provider is Fido/Rogers, business email hosted with GoDaddy (smtp). Everything was fine initially, no reports of garbled emails.   

Blackberry has to get on this ASAP - I use my Z10 for my business and as of now, most recipients get html-laden garbage emails from me.  Some don't however - in some cases, the same email with multiple recipients have been received intact by one recipient, corrupted with html code and oddly-placed symbols by the other recipient.  I have yet to find a common factor as to who gets it clean and who doesn't.  Bottom line for now is, as much as I hate to say it, my Z10 has now become an expensive, useless brick.  :smileysad: Support and assistance from Fido/Rogers has been futile so far...

Looking for any ideas...