Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 encoding issue in outgoing email

FWIW, I spent most of my freakin day on the phone with Verizon, and Blackberry. I was able to email them, and they were able to see the problem. They gave me case #'s, and **bleep** like that. BB said they would resolve it asap.  Obviously they cant tell me how long it would take, etc etc. Not sure what Im gonna do, I have 7 days to return the phone and get something else. Ive been a BB user since day one. I cant continue on not being able to send readable emails....

Such a shame.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Join the waiting game. This is not a new problem I was on the phone with BlackBerry for hours.
New Contributor

Im not gonna wait, and cant. Its either go back to my bold 9900 for the time being, or get a CrAPPLE phone. I wish I had a clue on how long. I dont wanna be stuck with a Z10 for 6 months or longer and have to deal with this. Not happening.

New Contributor

Email from BB support..

"We have completed an analysis of the logs contained in the report you created on your device. The symptoms you are observing is a previously reported issue that has been resolved by our development team. We expect a future update to the device software to resolve the issue.

As a workaround in the meantime, you can change to an alternate SMTP server when adding that email account to your device. If you are unsure how to proceed with that, you may call a technician by using the number in my signature. I will have the information attached to your case.

Sincerely,

Bernie"

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My guess is that your server is mangling the message due to missing CRs in the text lines.

That is consistent with the reply you received.  It's Blackberry's fault that they are not emitting the CRs, but it's your email server's fault that it is silently destroying messages as a consequence -- that's flatly unacceptalbe behavior.

I've run very extensive SMTP testing against the Z-10 due to these reports and have a good handle on exactly what it does and doesn't do -- it has one significant problem, and that's with line format in the message body.  Other than that the implementation is clean and SMTP servers should either accept those messages unmolested or reject them out-of-hand and complain.  Mangling them is not acceptable behavior on your email provider's part.

(I write SMTP software for part of my living!)

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

now we just have to suffer and wait for carrier to push out the fix (Rogers)

Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS
Trusted Contributor

Load K9mail from BlackberryWorld if you need a workaround right now. It works.

New Contributor

Dont see K9mail in BB world

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Search for "K9" -- it's there.

If you sideload APG (you have to do that FIRST before loading K9's email client) you also can get PGP-encrypted email out of using K9 and it works quite well.  That's my preferred email client on Android both for the PGP integration and because the stock Android email client sucks terribly (for other than Gmail, which is handled by a dedicated client.)

Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

It works but not as good as the BlackBerry Hub. Hurry up Rogers
Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS