Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 encoding issue in outgoing email

This is BS! I shouldnt have to do that, side load, or mess with anything! Sending back my Z10 tomorrow.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

i am getting tired of seeing this **bleep** in my personal emails.  WTF!!!!  when is BB going to step up and fix this.  Are they not reading any of this!

this is what my email looks like when i sent it out - it is ridiculous! bet you dont know what i said!

=p style="font-size: initial; font-family: Cali=i, 'Slate Pro', sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125); text-align: initial;?ckground-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Sent mobile...

= =able width="100%" style="background-color:white;border-spacing:0p="> =iv id="_persistentHeader" style="border-style: sol= none none; border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: 1pt; =dding: 3pt 0in 0in; font-family: Tahoma, 'BB Alpha Sans', 'Slate Pro'; fo=-size: 10pt;">

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

K9 is not a sideload; it's in BlackberryWorld and is supported.

Corruption of the transmission is not the Z-10; your email server is doing that.

It appears to be caused by the Z-10 omitting CRs from lines (which are supposed to be terminated by CRLF) but the actual scrambling is caused by your email server rather than the Z-10.

Blackberry does need to fix the CR issue, but the scrambled email isn't them.  I've sent out thousands of emails using the Z-10 and have not seen any corrupted ones -- but my server doesn't throw up on missing CRs.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: O2

Is there any date for new OS updates that will contain a fix for this issue? That K9 email program is really ugly and not user friendly in my opinion and although it may be a satisfactory fix for now, BlackBerry have been aware of this issue for quite some time.

Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Worked fine until OS patch, so not all mail server fault
Z10
Rogers, Halifax NS
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

chiphazmaj wrote:
Worked fine until OS patch, so not all mail server fault

Yes, it was introduced during the last round of updates, that said it is not entirely BlackBerry's fault that some servers are puking at the lack of CR codes. My servers are not...  :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Du

An update that is worth sharing. My company updated their server from 2007 to 2010 and my email on Z10 is now set on active sync, no more encoding issues and email is working perfect, finally.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: O2

Yeah, I don't think this has ever been an issue with ougoing email sent using an Active Sync account.

New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

Just picked this **bleep** z10 phone yesterday.

Blackberry fukn wake up it's May already and your sh*t is not functioning. I get corrupted emails going out on my godaddy business account with all those encoding "=-" **bleep**.

Gmail is fine, but sending stuff like that to my clients is unacceptable. I had to use the workaround and have rogers smtp out set in email preferences.

Upgraded from torch 9800 and I get no BIS, 15 min sync vs instant previously, garbage smtp out encoding problems. WTF is this? I have to spend full day @ work to resolve this diarrhea from blackberry???? Who is going to compensate me for my time. BB is the worst company run by Canadian imbeciles.

Is this a business phone? It's a fukn toy for kindergarten now...
New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

In addition all my outgoing emails are without SSL now because of this. This is a SECURITY risk!