Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 facebook app

the app for facebook has stopped working. I get a message saying: There was a problem connecting to FB Please check your connection and try again.  The connection is fine. This was working until yesterday and then just stopped. Help

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 facebook app

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please perform a full shut down, followed by a normal start up, of your Z10. See if that helps.

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

tried shutting down. It is the FB News feeds that wont display.

Hall of Famer II

And it is only the FB News Feeds...all other things are fine? Twitter? Other bits of FB? Email? BBM? Web Browsing? Etc. etc. etc.?

If so, then you should probably contact your mobile service provider for formal support and potential escalation up to BlackBerry.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
New Contributor

If I use my Z10 to access FB via a browser I h ave no issues. The fault is with the app. This was OK until a couple of days ago

Hall of Famer II

OK...so I think that answers all of the questions I asked...not quite sure though...Anyway, assuming all that I previously asked is answered in a way to rule out other causes, then some more guesses for you...

Have you checked the account information (Settings > Accounts) to be sure there is no error showing there?

Have you removed your FB account (Settings > Accounts) and re-integrated it (maybe with a reboot between)?

Have you tried re-registering your BB on your carrier network?

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

Have you yet contacted your mobile service provider? (Oh wait...I already asked that one...)

New Contributor

Removed and reinstalled account details, rebooted, took battery out and still same problem. Do not have this issue on pc or Z10 if I log into FB using the browser so it must be the app. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hall of Famer II

I can tell you that I do not have that issue. I can also say that you continue to be rather selective in which recommendations you report that you follow. In my prior post, I gave you 4 recommendations...in your reply, you talk of only two of them. So I am left wondering what the result might be from the two you chose to skip over...