Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3

Z10 gyroscope

Hello everyone,
yesterday I bought z10, this device must have a problem with the gyroscope, in fact, the compass and the rotation of the screen doesn't works.  Must be replace it or you can rimendiare in some other way?

Solutions: 6,112
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10 gyroscope

You're the first I've heard that's not working.
You've restarted & rebooted your BlackBerry?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I know that the compass on my phone is only spinning it does not find any magnetic line or heading, as for the rotation I have no idea whether it work or not on my phone as I only use the phone the way a phone is design, upright

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

The compass uses the magnetometer, not the gyroscope.

Rotation uses the gravity sensor.

many applications do not allow screen rotation and work only in portrait mode. Try it in the browser or with a picture.

Make sure that you don't have rotation lock active. Swipe down from the top bezel and make sure that rotation lock is white (not blue)

If the compass is just spinning, Does the text 'interference' display? If so, you need to calibrate the compass by moving the device in figure 8 patterns in 3 axis.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: Q10

Hello ferdinandoz10!

If the screen does not rotate (make sure the rotation lock is not on, and that you are somewhere where rotation is expected - such as Hub), I would suggest confirming that the accelerometer is operating correctly.

To confirm that the accelerometer is working, install an app similar to Sensor List and post the accel readings. They should represent gravity for a stationary device.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: vodacom

I have the same problem for about 4 months now, ive done countless battery pulls and the compass just stands still, i even downloaded an accelorometer app but it doesnt register any movement.

wian132, could you post typical x,y,z values for the accelerometer, magnetometer, and gyroscope from your sensors app? Also indicate if they change. This will help establish exactly what part isn't working.

New Contributor

well basically none of the values ever change , they all display 0 and the photos or keyboard never goes into landscape mode.

I assume you've made sure you have the latest software for the phone? (Could you post the "model number" and "software release" from settings/about?)  If so, it sounds like you may have an issue with your hardware.

New Contributor

i just uptaded to the latest release of 10.1 but it wont load past 100% on the boot screen