Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Z10 handsfree issues with Vauxhall Astra

I have just upgraded my Blackberry from the 9800 torch which was working fine in my Vauxhall Astra with the built in Bluetooth.  The address book synchronised with the car and voice dialing etc worked.  

The Z10 however will connect to the in car bluetooth but does not synchronise with the address book etc and calls have to be made and terminated from the Z10 handset which is useless when driving!

Is anyone else having this issue? Are RIM looking into compatibility issues? I can't even go back to the Torch as the sim card is a different size!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Z10 handsfree issues with Vauxhall Astra

Hey Jeffw16,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This may be a compatibility issue with the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, please  review the following article for more information on BlackBerry smartphone Bluetooth car compatibility: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29616

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi HB,

Thanks for the link to KB29616, unfortunately the Vauxhall link is no longer valid.

I have contacted Vauxhall direct and they state that they have not tested against the Z10 yet.  I find it strange that there appears to be  no standard for for bluetooth.

The car is brand new as is the phone, my Torch 9800 was fully functional with the car yet I have to initiate and finish calls using the Z10 the only in car features that work are the microphone and speaker!

Jeff 

New Contributor

Hands free up and working now. The problems were fixed by the latest Blackberry software release 10.1.0.273