Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
portal
My Device: Not Specified

Z10 in Brunei: BBM chat working and not BB icon.

I have a BB10 Z10 unlocked device, which I am using in Brunei. The network provider is DSTcom. The carrier have a normal BIS base BB plan. I have a data plan enabled SIM card. When I use the SIM card in Z10, I don’t get either the BB 4 icons on the top right hand corner or BBM chat. BBM voice works fine, and all other data services are working (BlackBerry World, e-mail, facebook, etc). Had a long chat with DSTcom today and they said that they are not putting any block on the BB10 devices. I understand that there might potentially be a lock on their APN imposed by BlackBerry. I am not sure what that means, but understand from the carrier that this is outside their control.

Can you please advise if BlackBerry will restrict BB10 device usage in a country where the device has not been officially launched yet? If so, why? The whole idea with BB10 was that it is only using a data connection and should be a direct competitor (as I see it) with other devices.

I look forward to hear from you. 

New Contributor
portal

Re: Z10 in Brunei: BBM chat working and not BB icon.

Sorry, the subject should be BBM not working and no BB icon 

New Contributor
mikeycollins13

Re: Z10 in Brunei: BBM chat working and not BB icon.

Just buy the company and gett it fixed. you can afford it! 

Brunei..jeez